May 2012 Weddings

Other Boards

Is it just me or do others of you find yourself on our May 2012 board more than any other one. I feel as if I don't get the same response on the rest of them. I think the only other one I get on just as much is the Wedding Classifieds. Anyone else feel this way?

Re: Other Boards

• My time is usually split between here and the DIY board, and sometimes the Budget board.  This is my favorite, though. :)
  • We've all talked about how we stick to this board because we all know each other pretty well and are very supportive...a lot of other boards can be a bit harsh depending on which ones you go to and who the 'talkers' are on there...IMO atleast ;)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Kat you have such a sweet way of saying some of the other big mouths are just flat out snarky. You're so cute lol.
    White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_other-boards?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5c88580b-37c6-40e9-944d-a74e83aa2d24Post:2e1e356a-f2c3-4437-8f47-d88d9adf3cc0">Re: Other Boards</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kat you have such a sweet way of saying some of the other big mouths are just flat out snarky. You're so cute lol.
    Posted by daftmagpie[/QUOTE]

That's the word I was actually going to use but I have been told I need to have a little more tact ;) lol
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I try to go on my local board and a cultural board, but they don't have much going on, people can be rude, and they're just flat out boring! I LOVE this board, and everyone is so helpful! Plus, it's great that we're all at the same process of planning, so we can actually commiserate.
    ~The Future Mrs. L~ Planning Bio Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm the same as PP.  I love that we're all at the same place.  I've tried to go to my local board, but no one is ever there!  But I do occasionally go to other boards if I have a specific question about something.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 Invited
    image 158 Attending
    image 77 Missing Out
    image 0! Not Replied
    RSVP Date: April 25th
  • I tend to go to my local board with questions about money since prices vary so much by region. I stay away from money questions on the budget board because they mock your extravagence for spending more than $8 a head on dinner. No really-I've seen it!

I like this board a lot, but if anything there are too many brides. It's hard to keep up with all of you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I love everyone on this board. I browse other boards, but don't post anything because a lot of them are just rude. Thank you girls for being awesome!
  • Mona8Mona8 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    Couldn't agree more. I like my local board alot too, but I spend wayyyy more time on this board. I love us! haha.  The other boards scare me a little.
    imageAnniversary
  • I mostly post on this board now, I used to on lots of the other boards, but not anymore.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks ladies nice to know I'm not alone here. I tried the local boards but theres not any brides within my city or within 30 min of me so I tend to stay here.
  • I love our May board!  I spend a lot of time on my local board also.  Besides that, I routinely check DIY, Budget, and Classifieds but rarely start posts on any of them.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I spend most of my time between here and the DIY board. I've found people on this board are much more supportive though!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • i happened to hop into another board..forget which but  there was a post by this girl who wasnt getting married who wanted to know how to tell her friend getting married to STFU about her wedding because she was posting her wedding planning on FB.  So i kind of played devils advocate because all the other girls were telling her to just flat out be blunt and tell her friend to knock it off. i said..well planning is a stressful yet joyous time, if she wants to post of FB then let her, if she happens to say something the wrong way i could see their friendship getting messed up and the bride to be thinking the other girl us jealous..i mean cmon..be happy for your friend...dont give her a hard time...she is probably under enough stress as it is ...its her time to shine.....Do you know that i got the rudest and snottiest response from the one girl saying how im probably one of those overzelous annoying brides who tells everyone everything and said..."good luck with your guestlist hunny"
    needless to say....i only stay on this board now.
  • Oh my gosh!  That's so rude!  People, sometimes...
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 Invited
    image 158 Attending
    image 77 Missing Out
    image 0! Not Replied
    RSVP Date: April 25th
  • i feel that the ohter boards arent as nice. at least when we say comments even if we disagree we make it sound nice! other boards (some) are just plain mean when u ask for advice! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards