May 2012 Weddings

UPDATE*BM Dress Problem

Ok, so it seems that my bm (who, btw is also my FSIL) has been loosing weight like crazy for her wedding (in August...b-ioch...lol, jk) -- additioanlly, I called the store and they said the top is sized a little big in these dress (it's got an imperial waist - this being the main cuase) so all in all they said that b/c of the shape/waist of the dress it shouldn't be a problem to bring it in...but she can't loose a tone more weight b/c it can really only sucessfully be brought in about 3 sizes.

...so hopefully that little hurtle is fixed! Thanks ladies for your words of wisdom!  :)

Anniversary

Re: UPDATE*BM Dress Problem

• I don't know about Watters specifically, but all the weddings I've been in, the dresses have been huge and have needed altering.  I just sort of assume at this point that I'll need the dress altered...  Maybe someone else will have experience with that specific manufacturer?  HTH
    Anniversary
  • I don't know if this has happened in your case, but one of my BMs had an issue when ordering a dress for a different wedding.  She asked for a size 6 because that was the closest to her measurements, but the sales lady insisted she order a size or two larger.  We think it's because they want the dress to be large on purpose so you have no choice but to give the store more $ to fix it for you.  I'm not saying that all birdal shops do this, but I wouldn't put it past them considering a wedding is a business transaction for vendors.  The only other thing I can think of is that your BM lost a ton of weight since she got measured for the dress.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_bm-dressanyone-else-doing-watters?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:5dc8cc5e-4190-4cd4-817a-163bda84ce2aPost:8fafffec-7bea-4fdd-af37-c84f78c79b1a">Re: BM Dress Problem...anyone else doing Watters?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I don't know if this has happened in your case, but one of my BMs had an issue when ordering a dress for a different wedding.  She asked for a size 6 because that was the closest to her measurements, but the sales lady insisted she order a size or two larger.  We think it's because they want the dress to be large on purpose so you have no choice but to give the store more $ to fix it for you.  I'm not saying that all birdal shops do this, but I wouldn't put it past them considering a wedding is a business transaction for vendors.  The only other thing I can think of is that your BM lost a ton of weight since she got measured for the dress.
    Posted by gpapale1[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes! I have wondered this too. I ordered my wedding dress and BM dresses for weddings I have been in, in the closest size to mine as possibly. Why buy a 12 when I need an 8?</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards