Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Tux Rentals

Well...no decision on a tux rental tonight.  I was hoping to at least get that done.  We went to a small tux place near our house and my FI thought the rental cost was too high.  It was $138.00 which included the tux, vest, tie, shirt, shoes, cuff links, rental insurance and tax.  The tux was a Calvin Klein Super 100 series so it was a higher end tux.  Does that price sound high to anyone else?

thanks!

Re: Tux Rentals

• CLW102409CLW102409 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that sounds like a good price to me.  Our GM's spent $150 through the Men's Warehouse.
    image Ivory
  • edited December 2011
    One of my coworkers just got her son's prom tux, and she paid $120 with a $40 coupon.  Not sure if that's a standard tux price, or if prices are up for prom season, or what.  If that's standard, it sounds like it's a good price for your FI's tux.  Not sure, though, as my FI won't let me go with him to pick out the tuxes so I haven't really priced them.
  • phillychica85phillychica85 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're going through Tuxedo Junction and the style FI likes is about $140 so it seems normal. I think a lot depends on the designer you go with too.
    My travel and cooking blog

Maui, November 2011
  • edited December 2011

That sounds about average to me. MW quoted us $150 and we went Top Hat that beat it with the same tux. I'm not sure of the designer, but they are chocolate brown and the guy said they are were a lot higher than the standard black tuxedos.

image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting that same tux (with the vest, shoes everything) from Men's Wearhouse for $150, so I say that sounds like a good deal!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • steelerschicksteelerschick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks, everyone.  I had no idea if that was a good price or not.  I was hoping that it was because the tux shop is near our house and has the color vest that we like. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards