May 2012 Weddings
Options

My mother would like to...

have a dance with FI. I'm not going to tell my mom no... she can do what she wants but should this be after the father-daughter, mother-son dances (before we serve dinner) or should I throw it in during the dollar dances or during a slow song and have the DJ announce this is a special song for the MOTB and FI?? 
FYI: The song is Mama's Song by Carrie Underwood... if that helps... I know it's kind of backwards since it's a daughter talking to her mom but my mom truly believes I am so lucky to have FI (and vise versa of course haha)

Re: My mother would like to...

• Options

i would throw in in during another time. Would FI mother be mad if your mom did this dance? I dont think I would let my mom dance with my FI Right after his mom danced with her. I think that is something kind of exciting to look forward to you know I get to dance with my dad one last time, and he gets to dance with his mom. truthfully I wouldnt want to hurt his mom feeling....

• Options
    Can you compromise and just throw it in during regular dancing and have the DJ ay "this was a special request from the bride's mother.."
    that way it doesn't take away from the mother/son formal dance, but your mom still gets to dance with him?

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_my-mother-would-like-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:6ae0dbbd-39f0-4407-8be4-ef9d0f53b743Post:ce2db316-1a0d-4bfc-9c6d-cd6c534ffdac">Re: My mother would like to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you compromise and just throw it in during regular dancing and have the DJ ay "this was a special request from the bride's mother.." that way it doesn't take away from the mother/son formal dance, but your mom still gets to dance with him?
    Posted by LBug24[/QUOTE]

This!
    imageAnniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_my-mother-would-like-to?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:6ae0dbbd-39f0-4407-8be4-ef9d0f53b743Post:ce2db316-1a0d-4bfc-9c6d-cd6c534ffdac">Re: My mother would like to...</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can you compromise and just throw it in during regular dancing and have the DJ ay "this was a special request from the bride's mother.." that way it doesn't take away from the mother/son formal dance, but your mom still gets to dance with him?
    Posted by LBug24[/QUOTE]

<div>I would do this. Typically there is only 3 spotlight dances (first dance, father-daughter, mother-son), anymore and guests will get board.</div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I agree, anymore than 3 spotlight dances and I'm bored to tears.  Honestly, I'm bored to tears by the end of the 3rd dance =]  I'd just have it as a special request later on in the night.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Agreed with PP.  Wait until the middle of the reception and have the DJ announce it as a "special request".

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards