May 2012 Weddings
Options

FGs: Picked the dress; need advice on color (PIP)

I figured you ladies would give me good advice on what will look better rather than tell me what you've traditionally seen (which is what I feel everyone around me is saying).

I initially planned to do all white FG dresses, but after looking at pics online and thinking, I'm open to other ideas. BMs are wearing Alfred Angelo's "Mediterranean blue" which reminds me of darker, sapphire jewel blue.

First dress for the younger FGs is actually the one Sabrina is using. I'm stealing - hope you don't mind :)

Should I do:
1) White dress with light grey sash (to match the detail on my dress)
2) A blue combo that looks good with the BM dresses. Color options below:

My sister thought the first dress was too immodest, so I found a dress at Alfred Angelo that she likes and compliments the etsy dress.

The dress color can't change, so the color would be for the sash and straps. Should I do...
1) Silver to match the detail on my dress
2) Mediterranean blue to match the BMs

I should mention -since my niece is about two years older, it's fine if her look is different from the other two.

Thoughts? TIA
Anniversary

Re: FGs: Picked the dress; need advice on color (PIP)

• Options
    Three of my BMs are wearing Mediterranean Blue, so I'm going to say that for the sash.

And I actually had the same thought as your sister about the Etsy dress. I really like it and the idea of it, but in the end decided not go for it. My FGs are wearing 6650(clicky) with a little white cardigan. One is in Mediterranean, the other Viola.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_fgs-picked-the-dress-need-advice-on-color-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:6ebd73b5-c7b2-49c6-8b01-b003e86be89aPost:14163145-8489-4d1e-97cd-99dc12f652ef">Re: FGs: Picked the dress; need advice on color (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Three of my BMs are wearing Mediterranean Blue, so I'm going to say that for the sash. And I actually had the same thought as your sister about the Etsy dress. I really like it and the idea of it, but in the end decided not go for it. My FGs are wearing  6650 (clicky) with a little white cardigan. One is in Mediterranean, the other Viola.
    Posted by pantherRN[/QUOTE]

Ah, I considered that dress! It's very cute
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I agree with PP, have the sash match the BMs dresses.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Match colors to bridesmaids. I like the second dress better if its a younger FG (younger then 8)...if its a girl who is 8-10 I would say the first dress is fun and different, but a bit grown up for a really little girl.

May 2012 July Siggy: Favorite Vacation Spot Kaleden, BC
    July Fave Vacation Spot photo IMG_0268-1.jpg

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Blog:Through My Eyes

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_fgs-picked-the-dress-need-advice-on-color-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:6ebd73b5-c7b2-49c6-8b01-b003e86be89aPost:3f81dc98-72fd-4c49-bfab-a766c2b5fc91">Re: FGs: Picked the dress; need advice on color (PIP)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Match colors to bridesmaids. I like the second dress better if its a younger FG (younger then 8)...if its a girl who is 8-10 I would say the first dress is fun and different, but a bit grown up for a really little girl.
    Posted by toothpastechica[/QUOTE]

Really? My mom said just the opposite. She said the first dress looked too young for my niece (she's turning 6). The moms of the younger FGs said they love that one though, so they've given their approval.

But yeah, I'll have them match the bridal party. I'm not sure how to do that with the first one. A navy color for the dress would be too much and I'm not sure that dress will have the same effect with white tulle and a navy sash.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I would match the BMs. Very cute dress!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards