May 2012 Weddings
Options

any one looking at stuff??

Getting married on the 20th anyone else started planning yet?

Re: any one looking at stuff??

• Options
    I am getting married on the 27th. I have my photographer, my coordinator, and by this weekend my venue. I feel like it's really early also but, my coordinator said that May is the most popular month and you should start as early as possible to get your good vendors. 
    image 66 invited
    image 16 are coming! image 11 toasting from afar image 39 are mistaking us for telepaths
    Created by Wedding Favors
  • Options
    I'm glad I'm not the only one starting to look, my fiance and I have picked the 7th and we've already narrowed down our venue to three places and have started looking into photographers. I've already picked out my favorite two dresses, too. I just know that I'll turn into a "Bridezilla" if I wait until the year mark to start looking at anything!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Bio!
    Blog
    my to-read shelf:
    Audrey's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (to-read shelf)
  • Options
    edited April 2010
    We have our rings, colors picked out... found the dress I want made, looking at venues, but still havent told his family yet...lol.. WE picked May 19th 2012 :) I am working on my Masters during this time.. SO I am planning now... SO I can foucs on school as well.. Married one week after graduation.. WOO HOO

• Options
    My fiance and I are getting married May 26, 2012. We've both started looking at things but it's kind of hard since he is stationed in the Navy on the east coast and I am on the west coast. But, we have decided on vague ideas for the wedding, now just working on getting the specifics. I am having a hard time finding a dress style I like and it's kind of freaking me out.
  • Options
    We picked May 26th also! We just reserved the church and I am taking my mom to the three wedding venues that my FH and I liked the best this month so we can book it this Spring. I have some dress ideas and we picked our colors: tea rose, victorian lilac and celadon. My sister, who is the MOH, has her heart set on a dress from Alvina Valenta. I haven't picked the rest of my Bridal party, but I have a good idea of who I want in it. I think thats all we have done for now. 
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_one-looking-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:7771e947-5277-4490-9220-6d80fad7fd97Post:c12e5523-aa6a-45e7-8dd8-521614b1e450">Re: any one looking at stuff??</a>:
    [QUOTE]We have our rings, colors picked out... found the dress I want made, looking at venues, but still havent told his family yet...lol.. WE picked May 19th 2012 :) I am working on my Masters during this time.. SO I am planning now... SO I can foucs on school as well.. Married one week after graduation.. WOO HOO
    Posted by sap82478[/QUOTE]

We are also getting married on May 19th! And I will also be gong through Nursing school and graduating in May. If I don't start planning now, something would sure to go wrong with such a busy schedule!  I have a dress shop that I need to go to, to pick out my dress. And we decided we want to do a vintage theme. <3  ah, I just love the 1920's-1950's. also in the late 1800's.  Looks like it's going to be a mixture. and very hard to pull together.  YIKES!
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_one-looking-stuff?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:7771e947-5277-4490-9220-6d80fad7fd97Post:fb114d10-f558-4c25-9b56-d0989f053964">Re: any one looking at stuff??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Iam not in may but I cant seem to find any October 2012 brides lol. I've already started looking at stuff already! I have a bit of a problem though, I have started trying on dresses but I think its way too early to actually order one. I went to a bridal show recently and picked up the knot magazine, I saw the most gorgeous gown I have ever seen the price range was in the $600 - $3,000. I told myself I want that dress, even if it's $3,000 dollars I will find a way lol. I called around to see who carried it and I found someone actually had a sample, I tried it on and I LOVE IT!! Now I don't know what to do it is way cheaper than the $3,000 dlls I was thinking it was going to be, it's still a bit expensive, but I feel like it being cheaper was meant for me. I really want this dress but I don't want to buy it so early and have it sit in my closet, Iam afraid it will get discontinued when new styles come out. Ugh, I need help :-(.  
    Posted by angelnat12[/QUOTE]

If you want an honest opinion - I say wait it out.  You are always able to get that dress later (unless, like you said, goes discontinued) however, you are just a little under 3 years away from your wedding (2 from actually picking out a wedding dress in normal time range)  and you will most likely find something you like better.  Also, I've heard before, if you get it too soon - you may end up not liking it because you have seen it so long. KWIM?  Then again, if you think you really want it that bad, then get it...but hide it in your parents house that way you dont see it everyday and will look new to you again when its about a year before your wedding ;)
  • Options
    We are looking at May 10th 2012, its a thursday far away but YES I have been planning!! WE have ideas for our venue, colors, amount of ppl, food ideas...and photgrapher....cake as well and the flowers, no booking yet but that will be def be the next step!! :) I am sooo happy to know that I am not the only bride planning way in an advance!!
  • Options
    We are getting married on May 19th of 2012.  We haven't really booked anything yet, we're just kind of getting ideas.  We will probably book our reception hall over the summer, but I will probably wait on the rest until the end of the year/2011.  I change my mind so much, that theres no way I could book anything else right now. 
  • Options
    We are getting maried on May 12th!! We just got engaged but have a lot to do. I am going to be graduated in May 2011 and then start studying for my Series 7 and moving 6 months before the wedding. He won't graduate till a week before the wedding. Its going to be fun and stressful. I have colors picked out but that is about as far as we have gotten. We have a bridal show coming up soon so then the planning will really be beginning.
  • Options
    Wow, I'm also May 19th 2012, FI b-day is May 10th !

Great to meet you all! I have the venue and a list a mile long!
    YAY for May!
    ~ Amber & Jesse ~ Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Options
    Jennefer79Jennefer79 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2010
    I am planning a May 12th wedding!  My fiance is freaked because it seems way too far away to him to start planning but we have a very large family ourselves ( 7 kiddos between us)and money is tight so here I go!  We have already been engaged 2 years so I am beyond ready. Our rings are on layaway and I have a dress in mind. I'm really excied!

• Options
    I am doing May 10!  We're doing a desitnation wedding so we figured everyone was taking time off work anyways, might as welll do it in the middle of the week!
  • Options

We're getting married May 26, 2012...Not so much planning going on right now, just looking at things, getting ideas.  We do have our colors picked out, deep purple, silver and a splash of teal...SO EXCITED!

We've started looking at wedding rings, I've been looking (obviously) at wedding dresses, and bridesmaid dresses, but we're holding off on the big purchases to make sure we're absolutly sure (venue, bridal party, centerpieces, etc.)

Within the next 6 months or so, we'll have our venue picked...I don't want to wait too long because I don't want to have to settle but i don't want to do it too early in case we change our minds, its a ONCE in a lifetime thing, so we want to be absolutly sure :)

• Options
    We picked May 19th too! But so far we haven't picked anything, just looking atdifferent venues and other things.
    RaevynAdey
  • Options
    We picked May 4th 2012. We've got our venue picked out, but haven't booked it yet. It does get rented out over a year in advance, so that is something I will probably look in to getting a deposit on sometime this fall to make sure we can get it. I think I've got a photographer picked out. He's definitely the top of my list, but I'm keeping my eyes and mind open to new ideas until at least this time next year. We've got our colors picked out, started looking at different caterers and such, and started looking at rental places (tables, linens, etc..) to get good prices because we're expecting between 200-250 people (I have a huuuuge family). But other then that, the big purchases are going to be put off until at least May 2011, especially dress shopping. Got some weight to lose before I try on anything Cool
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards