Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Good Morning!

Morning!
  I had a pretty good weekend.  Friday I went to happy hour with the ladies from work which was a lot of fun and good for stress relief, then FI and I went out for Chinese.  Saturday FI and I went shopping in town and then just hung out and watched a movie.  Sunday I went to Morgantown and spent over an HOUR in Michael's-buying way too much:-)  I went to the mall too, but couldn't find anything.  Wrapped the weekend up with dinner with friends.
  I hope everyone had a great weekend-Jen and Sara I can't wait to hear all about your showers!!!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Good Morning!

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!

I had a pretty uneventful, relaxing weekend... Friday we hung out with FIL's and had dinner with them - FI's mom is THE BEST cook :) Saturday morning, FI worked and I just hung around doing absolutely nothing - I had high hopes to work on a project I have due this Tuesday but I ended up doing nothing - lol - then just hung out Saturday night (I finally started working on my project). Sunday we went to lunch and went shopping. FI got 2 new suits :) I LOVE seeing him all dressed up!!

This should be a pretty nice week for me... I have my last class for the semseter on Tuesday and then a week and 1/2 to relax before it starts up again! I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Heather - sounds like you had a fun, productive weekend! I LOVE Michael's... probably a little too much - lol ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GM all - not a very relaxing weekend for us. Saturday we did a lot of errands and such .  We waited over an hour to have Grigio microchipped, and that was a tramatic experience (for me).  He didn't even wimper. 

Sunday we looked at 7 houses.  We found one we really like, but because of DH's schedule cannot do a second walk through (which we want to do before making an offer) until next Saturday.

I woke up with DH at 3am this morning, and did not go back to sleep until 5:15am, got up myself for the day at 6, so I'm running on empty. 

Can;t to hear shower stories!
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning! I had a productive, yet relaxing weekend. DH went to play cards on Sat., and left pretty early. I got up with him, and was going to go back to sleep, but ended up staying up. I normally like to sleep in on Saturdays, but it was so nice to be up early- I was at our apt.'s gym at 9:45! Surprised I checked a lot of little things off my to-do list, and worked on my wedding scrapbook, which I am finally almost done with!

H- I easily spend an hour+ in Michael's!

Bri- Sorry to hear your weekend wasn't real relaxing- continued GL with house hunting. So can you wait until next Sat. to walk through again, or would it be too late?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Kim - I sure hope so.  The house was just listed 4/1/10 and the listing agent is in our buer's agent's office.  The listing agent told our agent she would call if another offer came in before Saturday, and if it does, we'll have to alter our plan. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning Everyone,

I had a fantastic weekend. I headed to West Virginia to visit my friends and see their new house. We went to Morgantown all day on Saturday, and it was very weird to see the Moutainlair, the bars and everything else, I felt like I never left. I stocked up on WVU gear and can't WAIT until football season!

H- Next time we should meet up! I thought of you when we passed the Frostburg exit... isn't Morgantown kind of far for you?
    GMC- Yay for FMILs that can cook!
    Bri- GL with this house! I hope you find something you LOVE soon!
    Kim- I love getting up early on the weekends, you can get so much more accomplished!

Have a good day!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GM!  I had a great weekend!  Friday, I went to happy hour with my mom, dad and sister.  Saturday, I spent the morning cleaning up UpTown.  Saturday night we went to a wedding at the Mt. Troy Ballroom (which is very nice inside, the food was so-so IMO).  All was well until the end of the night when I realized that someone had stolen my blackberry BATTERY, not the credit cards or phone, just the battery!!  Who does that?!

Yesterday, I spent "recovering" from my Saturday adventures.  I've also started a new project :) I'm making luggage tags for all of my bridesmaids. So excited about them!  I'll post pics when I'm finished

H-I think I should take stock out in Michaels and JoAnn's!
    Bri-Good luck with the house hunting, hopefully the second walk-thru will go as planned!
    Kim-I need your motivation to go to the gym on a Saturday morning!
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! I'm so exhausted right now!
    Had a birthday party on Friday, then had our meeting with the pastor on Sautrday, then went to Bar Room, then had my shower on Sunday.  Which was awesome!!!  My BMs are absolutely amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Love them!!!

I'm too tired to type anymore.  lol.  But this weekend was seriously one of the best weekends ever.  love it!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning chickadees!  I had a wonderful, wonderful shower weekend :)  Flew in Friday evening (yes, through the stupid thunderstorm, I have the worst luck on airplanes!) and relaxed with my mom and one of my BMs that evening.  Saturday morning we picked up another BM from the airport, stopped at Eat n Park for their first grilled stickies :), then went straight to the shower.  We were there for six hours!  It was at one of FI's aunt's lovely homes, and there were about 40-50 people who attended.  Lunch was catered by the Fluted Mushroom and the food was sooooo good!  It was amazing how many fun details the hostesses thought about, from the games to the favors to the flowers to the napkins.  It was all-around beautiful and fun.  I need to get pictures to show you!

I was surprised how long it took to get through all the presents!  I'm normally an AW and even I felt like I needed to hurry it up so people didn't get bored :)  The other funny thing that my BMs found totally hilarious, was how many divorced women were there!  Seriously, it was like 70% divorcees and 30% who were still married.

We also went to Mad Mex for dinner with my dad, went out with high school friends Saturday night, visited the Warhol museum yesterday, went to the Waterfront for pedicures and shopping, and had an early dinner at Siba in Cranberry last night.  Bri, you went to the Venetian Spa before your wedding, right?  That's where we went!

WOT, sorry!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm glad to hear the showers went well, S and LaFemme! That is crazy (and kinda sad) how many divorcees were at yours, LaFemme! Can't wait to see some pics!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went to the venetian spa for my bachelorette party - I went somewhere else for the wedding since we went home Dec 18 for the holidays and the wedding wasn't until 1/2/10.  Isn't it wonderful to have wine with a pedi at an included price :-D

your weekend sounds fabulous - what was your best gift?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh gosh, I don't know!  FSIL got us beautiful crystal toasting flutes.  I got a wok and some other cookware that I have been coveting :)  I think my other fave was a huge Indian food cookbook.  One of my BMs commissioned a lovely vase in our wedding colors from an artist in her hometown.  And I also got A LOT of lingerie!  Way more than I was expecting!

Bri, good luck with your house hunting!  I hope this one turns out to be The One!

Vacation
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Marbus and Lafemme - SO glad you had great shower weekends!!

LaFemme - sounds like a wonderful time!! I'm sure it was great just seeing everyone and having them all in the same place at the same time... And yay for getting the wok you wanted :)

Bri - hope everything goes well with the house and you are able to do a second walk through! Oh and I got my puppy's microchip put in when she went to get spayed... The vet said that was the best way to do it because she would already be put under. Hope he's doing ok!! :)

Kim - I LOVE getting up early on the weekends! It gives you the whole day to do fun things! And yay for an early gym time - it's always the best first thing in the morning on a Saturday because it is usually pretty empty :)

JL - Glad you had an awesome weekend at WVU! Yay for getting new gear!

Meg - Wow - who steals a battery AT A WEDDING?!? Just weird! The luggage tags sound so awesome! Cant wait to see them!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Giadda - I was going to do that as well, but he can't be neutured for another few months, and with him going to daycare and being so little, I worry that maybe he'll someday escape from the house, or whatever.  Additionally, I was quoted $180 for a chip during neuter, this Vet did it for $42 total, including lifetime registration.

jen - indian cook book - do tell.  I get indian take out once a week and would LOVE to make my own but have never found a book or receipe I could understand.  I love my wok btw.  It's FANTASTIC! 

Meg - did you report the battery loss to your provider?  I bet there's a tracking signal or something on those suckers! 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    LaFemme and Marburs- I'm so happy your showers went well!!

Marburs- you were so worried, and now everything came together! Details, please!

LaFemme- hilarious about the divorcees! Do not heed their advice. :)

RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Bri, it's this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Food-India-Journey-Lovers/dp/155285678X

Mostly understandable, just requires lots of special ingredients.  I can't wait to start using it!!  I eat Indian a lot too.

Meg- that is SO weird about your Blackberry battery.  Thank goodness it's all they took, I guess?  So annoying that it happened at a wedding.  And I too want to see details about these luggage tags!

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara and Jen-sounds like you had a great shower weekend!  I can't wait for mine this weekend.  I want to see pictures girls!
    Jaime-Morgantown is about an hour away, but it's either their or Hagerstown to shop because my town is LAME.  Next time your in Morgantown let me know, I'd love to meet up!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    GM ladies!  LaFemme & Marburs - Sounds like your shower were great!  Bri - good luck with the house hunting - keep us posted!

I had a busy weekend too.  I was at work until almost 10 Friday night.  Then Sat. morning went back for a few hrs. then went to teach boy scouts how to tape an ankle and what an athletic trainer is for their sports medicine badge.  Then FI and I hopped in the car to head up to my parents house in Harrisburg because my sister was home from Florida.  We all went out to dinner and then my mom, FI and I put together the rest of our invitations and were up til 2am finishing them!  I took them to the post office today so they are out!! 

Sunday we got up early to head back b/c we were having lunch with one of my friends from HS who lives in MD and her husband.  It was so nice to catch up with her!  Then we stopped at JoAnn's and exchanged some things.  I got our custom stamps in the mail from Etsy this weekend so that was exciting!  And we paid for our rings and they are being shipped to us from the jeweler so we can avoid the sales tax - I will be anxiously checking the mail daily Laughing

So lots of wedding checks this weekend!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

LaFemme- what greats gifts you received! I also got more lingerie than I expected to- definitely didn't expect it from my mom!!

Meg- that is so weird and random! I'd report it, like Bri said- maybe you can get it back!

kime- great checks! Yay for invitations going out!

• Options
    elishanbelishanb member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey all! sorry so late on this. My weekend was pretty fun. Friday I practiced some wedding hair with a bride that is getting married in June. That was really fun. We ended up trying a couple different styles and she is prettysure that the second one is the one she is going with. Saturday FI and I hung out with some friends and got to meet a few new fun people whihc is always fun and yesterday we ad to do a little shopping around. All in all the weekend went far too fast.

Sound like there were some fun weekends around here! I'm glad the showers went welll!
    Meg- how strange about the phone battery!
    image.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kime - so nice your jeweler will ship.  DH tried to do that with my E ring, and we tried to do that with his band. No dice.  My band is from bluenile, so that worked out with no tax.  So nice to save money!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards