May 2012 Weddings

advice please!!!

I received a call from this company called dinner 4 two and Bella cookware and they said I won a gift package from a bridal show I attended. They told me everything it consisted of and it is great! Then they said that in order to claim the prize, I have to go to one of their events they have with other couples but it is completely FREE. The lady kept reassuring me there is no charge and that basically they will cook up a sample dinner show there products, which we do NOT have to buy and then we will get our prizes. Do you think its just a scam?! It seems too good to be true but they insisted it is 100 percent real

Re: advice please!!!

• I have heard of things like this, and usually when you have to attend something, it is a scam. But, I could be wrong, since I don't know for sure.. but that is usually the case..
  • I agree, I just have this gut feeling that its completely a scam. Thanks for your advice :)

• Its a scam. Every time we go to a bridal show we "win" all this stuff. Its just their sales pitch to get you in.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Most likely a Scam
    May 2013 June Siggy:Flowers!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • This happened to me at after a bridal show.  I did some research and it is all legit.  The prizes exist, except that there are usually added fees associated.  Ex: Free trip but you still have to pay for airfair, taxes, extra hotel fees, etc.  And the sales pitch you have to attend is usually really high pressure for really expensive cookware.  For us, it wasn't worth it.
    PitaPata Dog tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_advice-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:8dd84d58-a9bd-4858-ac3b-339cf3b6c2e0Post:4391c905-e286-4ac3-818d-824b0930e7f1">Re: advice please!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Most likely a Scam
    Posted by Tlongo[/QUOTE]

I was told that I won a 7 night stay for our honeymoon...but we were going to have to hear a big speal, etc...so we opted out of going. it felt like a scam...
    Anniversary
  • It's a scam... We won the same thing we had to attend a cooking show it was free but they are trying to sell us pots and pans that were thousands of dollars....
    May 2012 Board October Siggy Challenge: Must Take Photos Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I posted this question about a month back or so (maybe longer, idk time flies...). We did not attend because we decided to go on a double date instead, but the prizes are real. It will be a highly pressured sales pitch and you might have to pay some fees but if you were to go to the hotel (or wherever they want you to go), there is a cooking "show" but they usually only make one bowl of vegetables for each couple. They want you to buy their insanely expensive cookware. HTH
  • scam. same thing i got called for after a bridal show.

i did win a wine tour though...which is legit. but they just wont let me get the size limo i want for the weekend i need it for so its sort of a waste.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_advice-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:8dd84d58-a9bd-4858-ac3b-339cf3b6c2e0Post:ae309bb0-5e2d-4504-b1ab-005128f341b8">Re: advice please!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's a scam... We won the same thing we had to attend a cooking show it was free but they are trying to sell us pots and pans that were thousands of dollars....
    Posted by Ambie106[/QUOTE]

Yes... this exactly. The product is real, you don't have to pay anything to attend but they want you to buy $5,000 in cookware and believe that you're getting a good deal.

They have a lifetime warrantee and I'm sure they're wonderful quality but my FMIL had a great point "we're using the pots and pans we got when we were married, 20 years ago, they're just fine. And honestly, if something happens to them I don't have to worry about it, they cost $60, I can handle replacing that. I can't pass them on to my daughter but I'm ok with that and I'm pretty sure she is too..."
    Photobucket Daisypath Wedding tickers LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Sounds like a scam.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thank you all! I did some more research and decided not to go! I appreciate your input :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards