May 2012 Weddings
Options

anyone doing a honeymoon in the states?

We really want to go to Europe but flights are around $1500 EACH but if we go in October they are currently $750. We'd much rather go for $750 and put that money into extra days there.

So were doing europe in the fall but wanted to go somewhere in the US but cannot really think where? 

I use to live in FL so that is out, I reside part time in Portland so vancouver/seattle/portland/northern cali are out. been to outer banks a lot as well. 

any good places you ladies have been you love or are going?

Re: anyone doing a honeymoon in the states?

• Options
    Have you thought about the other Portland?  I love Maine.  Portland has awesome restaurants and there are so many great, outdoorsy things to do there. 
  • Options
    I agree with Portland :) I live in Ohio but FI grew up in Oregon. We went to his hometown, then Newport and then Portland two years ago. We had the best time. Portland City Grill is amazing. We STILL talk about it :) 

We are going to Southern California for our honeymoon/ my cousin's wedding. in June/July. We have been looking into staying in Palm Springs. It is beautiful there.
  • Options
    What about the Carolinas?  Or Arizona?  I guess it depends on what you want to do.  But I've heard good things about both of those places.
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Savannah, Georgia/ Charleston, SC? We lived in Savannah for years- GREAT place to visit.

We're staying in the US- Going to Seaside, Florida for a week. When we first started dating we would drive down to Ft. Walton for the weekend (because we couldn't even afford Destin), and visit Seaside for the day and daydream about actually being able to afford to stay there some day ;)
  • Options
    We are going to Boston for a few days!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anyone-doing-a-honeymoon-in-the-states?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:996b572d-b649-461c-9f54-d0b6297b24d2Post:5c3f0b08-6e01-46ec-a909-21b493143324">Re: anyone doing a honeymoon in the states?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Savannah, Georgia/ Charleston, SC? We lived in Savannah for years- GREAT place to visit. 
    Posted by amandad18[/QUOTE]

<div>LOVE this one! I'm going to look into Charleston- maybe even Savannah too!</div>
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_anyone-doing-a-honeymoon-in-the-states?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:996b572d-b649-461c-9f54-d0b6297b24d2Post:a3113573-978b-45b6-b4f7-df19b71aadef">Re: anyone doing a honeymoon in the states?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: anyone doing a honeymoon in the states? : LOVE this one! I'm going to look into Charleston- maybe even Savannah too!
    Posted by leahstinson[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Honestly, between the two, I liked Charleston better- But I'm not sure if that's just because we lived in Savannah and the grass is always greener...</div><div>
    </div><div>They're only about a really pretty hour and half drive apart- You'd easily be able to visit one or the other from wherever you stay.

</div><div>EDIT- We stayed at the Vendue Inn in Charleston a couple of times- HIGHLY recommend it. Awesome free breakfast ;)</div>
  • Options
    My brother used to live there and I love Charleston! Look into Isle of Palms, Sullivan's Island, or Kiawah Island. There is always something fun to do down there. Downtown Charleston is also beautiful! Tons of stuff to do!
  • Options
    Myrtle beach?? South carolina. I used to go there every summer when I was kid. So I'm not sure how it is now. but I've heard its a nice beach! But I think sometimes it tends to have a 'younger' crowd... :/
    March Siggy: Our Furbabies Thunder and Tinkerbelle photo 576844_10151220437472389_274194501_n.jpg PhotobucketPhotobucket
    He put a ring on it!!! 12-12-10! Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    For Sale Bio
  • Options
    I agree with PP, I like Charleston better than Savannah, but they're both really great cities.  Kiawah Island is beautiful!  Very clean and classy.  It isn't as commercialized as some other beaches in the area. 
  • Options
    thanks everyone for the recommendations- we're def. looking into Charleston :)
  • Options
    The Carolinas are nice.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We're going to Traverse City, Michigan!  It seems like a beautiful place, and some of the ladies on this board live or have lived in the area and gave me lot of great recommendations. :)
  • Options
    We are going to New Orleans :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Give Texas a chance! Texas has some beautiful beaches and B&Bs - especially in the central hill country. 
  • Options
    were doing a cabin at a state park. super cheap. a rustic cabin is 150 for a week a modern is more though bout 500 (diffrence is rustic has no electricity but still has running watter uses a wood burning stove and a complete modern bathroom that is outside. modern is well... modern. All conviniences in the cabin)
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    We're going to VEGAS :) Neither of us have ever been there & I can't wait. We don't know which hotel we're staying in yet; probably Mandalay Bay though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Mackinaw Island, MI. We almost booked a destination wedding here. It is one of my all time FAVORITE vacation spots! ...you could also look at something like Gatlenburg in a cozy little cabin...if you do this, I suggest you go to the Riggly's Aquarium (I know it sounds dorky) but the shark tank is amazing!
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards