May 2012 Weddings
Options

NWR: Sad news

I just found out that our 14 year old black lab, Rocky has spleen cancer Frown

The vet doesn't recommend surgery because of his age and hemocrit levels. My parents are going to take it day by day but if/when he starts to feel miserable everyday and suffer then they will have to make a decision. 

We have had him since he was 4 months old and he is the best dog. It really stinks because he lives in Georgia and I never get to see him and I won't get to say good bye when his time comes Frown
Photobucket

Re: NWR: Sad news

• Options
    that's terribly sad news :( I'm so sorry to hear that! my parents have a bernese mountain dog with cancer too...BUT! Sometimes the vets are wrong about time left!! They gave my parents' dog 6 months and it's been close to a year! and he's in no visible pain. so...keep the faith, your dog might have more time than expected!
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I went through something similar a few years ago when our 15 year old cat had to be put to sleep because of the pain she was in from several medical conditions. It's a terrible tragedy because pets truly are our family. Take comfort in knowing he lived a good, long life and is so lucky to have had such a wonderful family take care of him! 
  • Options
    I am so sorry. I am sending you Knottie vibes!
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, that is always tough :(
  • Options
    I'm so sorry girlie :) Prayers your way
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Sorry to hear. =[    My parents had to put down our dog while I was away at school, and it felt really weird to not say goodbye and just have him gone one day when I came home next. 
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    So sorry to hear. It is never fun to have a pet who is a very close member of the family have a sickness. I had to put my cat down a few years ago, and it was the single hardest decision of my life. I had her since the day she was born. She had kidney failure and it came on so suddenly. I feel like I didn't spend enough time with her when she got sick and everything, due to college. I wish that I could turn back time and get her into the vet when I first noticed her habits changing, instead of dismissing it as old age. I'm sorry that you will be unable to see him. I hope things work out okay for you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards