Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Seven Springs Resort

Hi there all!! 
I apologize if this is repeated somewhere, I am interested in having the whole shabang at Seven Springs and have been searching for reviews EVERYWHERE and surprisingly I am coming up pretty empty handed!! Has anyone else checked them out or been to a wedding there? I have talked with them and got the brochures but I would like some first hand info!! Also is anyone else considering or checking out any other resorts in our area? Thanks in advance!!! 

Laura :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Seven Springs Resort

• Bride2687Bride2687 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked out Seven Springs as well, but my FI and I were looking for something taht was located more centrally between Pittsburgh and Newville (FI's hometown), so we've also looked at Bedford Springs Resort in Bedford PA.  It is absoultely beautiful.  Very pricey, but it since we are trying to make the location for our wedding as central to our hometowns as possible for our families and guests, Bedford Springs is definitely in the running.  

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MrsRBurnsMrsRBurns member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info! The trouble we are running into is our guest list being under the minimums. So now we are looking at venues in Pittsburgh...I really liked the idea of a resort but it may not be an option now, but one door closes to open another great one!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Have you ever heard of Indian Lake? It's in Somerset county, about 20 minutes off of the Somerset exit off of the turnpike. My parents live there, and I worked at the resort when I was a teenager. www.indianlakeresort.com
    It has been completely redone since I worked there 14-ish years ago but they have lots of weddings. You can get married on the golf course across the street or on the back deck overlooking the lake, especially if you have a small-ish wedding. I remember when I worked there a bride had her father drive her up on his Harley and walked her into the banquet hall! My brother's best friend had his reception there last summer and it was really nice. The food was *eh* but it may have been their choice. My beau and I aren't having ours there simply because we are getting married in the church he went to all his life, and it is too far away. Good luck!
  • cabucklewcabucklew member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Good Morning, I am a Wedding Planner at Bedford Springs.   I would love to speak with you further on different ways we can try to keep the price more in line with your budget.    The prices vary depending on the time of year and dates you are considering, so I am sure we can find something that would work for you!  Our contact information is:  814-624-5649 or you can e-mail me at cabucklew@omnihotels.com   Have a great day!

• pantherRNpantherRN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vendors are in no way allowed on these boards. Cabucklew, please keep your work out of your posts here.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info on Indian Lake!!! I am going to go check it out because Somerset is such a beautiful area!!! I am just so in love with the fall mountain scenery and we want to do a Halloween theme for the reception and I just have this beautiful picture in my head LOL :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • HeatherLynn24HeatherLynn24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm actually panning our vow renewal and Seven Springs is one of my top choices. I'm also having issues with finding reviews.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I think Seven Springs is out of the running because of the minimum guest limit :( I'm stuck on my date and even the Fri/Sun option has a guest minimum :( I checked out Indian Lake as well, but there is not enough accommodation!!! So now I think we are going to look at doing it in Pittsburgh.... Stay tuned bc I'm known for changing my mind lol :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards