Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

**morainemom**

Hi there!  I know you are trying to scale back on your time on the knot but I had a few questions for you after seeing the beautiful pictures of your daughters wedding.  I am also getting married in Heinz chapel and looking for a personalized aisle runner - where did you find yours & was it reasonably priced?  I found a few on etsy but I'm kinda scared of what the fabric/paint colors will turn out to be in comparison to the color swatches on the computer.

Also, I am looking to do a sparkler send off as well since our wedding is 4th of July weekend.  I was reading about how they suggest using 20" or 36" sparklers for weddings and they said that matches don't usually work to light them.  What size sparkler did you use and did the personalized matchbooks work fine to light them?

Thanks for your help!  All the details of your daughter's wedding were gorgeous!

Re: **morainemom**

• Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey - congratulations on your upcoming wedding!  Heinz Chapel is the most amazing place to have a wedding! (No, I am not biased or anything....  ;)  )

We purchased the aisle runner from Customized Wedding Creations:
    http://www.customizedweddingcreations.com/

We paid a little more because of the color and the detailed Claddagh monogram.  But it was worth it. We only had the wheat sheaves on the pews and the unity candle flower arrangement so the vibrant orange aisle runner really "popped" out.

The quality was excellent and the paint was perfect.  Cherin sent us swatches of different colors of the materials and the paint before we ordered the runner.  We bought the runner 14 months before the wedding and left it in the box the entire time -- there wasn't a single wrinkle in it when they unrolled it right before the wedding!  (It did get a couple of wrinkles from everyone walking on it during the wedding.)

Your cost will depend on what kind of fabric you choose for the runner, the length of the runner (ours was 100 feet), the detail of the monogram, etc.  We were very happy with the result.  Cherin gives free quotes and is very easy to work with and has runners for just about every budget.

We used the 36" sparklers for the wedding - we actually bought them at Wholesale Fireworks store just over the Ohio state line in Hubbard:
    http://www.wfboom.com/

We bought them in early spring with a but 1, get 2 free coupon sale and just stored them in a cool, dry place.

I got the matches from the Knot shop and we had no problems with the matches lighting the sparklers.

Thanks for the compliments, I agree, my daughter did a fantastic job in planning and creating everything for her wedding.  :)

• Options
    kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for letting me pick your brain a little bit - all that info definitely helped!
  • Options
    CherinCherin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to but in, but I just wanted to say thank you for the glowing referral.  Kim told me she found out about me via this post, so I just wanted to say thank you again.  Congratulations!  :)

Cherin
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Cherin!

I have been gathering photos to email to you!  And we need to submit a reivew to Wedding Wire!

Oh my gosh!  Your aisle runner drew such compliments!  The people at Heinz Chapel raved about it!  They said they have NEVER seen such a beautiful aisle runner!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards