May 2012 Weddings
Options

AW...

I know Ive been posting alot about my job..and thanks for everyone who has been praying and sending knottie vibes.

I had a job interview yesterday, and i got offered the job (YAY!)...but its not my dream job..the job i lost was... and im honestly becoming really depressed...i know wedding stuff SHOULD make me happy...but i cant do my wedding stuff cuz i have no money...i can barely pay my bills...let alone do wedding stuff..

How can i get out of this slump? I applied for unemployment...cuz idk if im taking that job..i feel like i wont like it, but right now its all i have. 

3 months 2 days till the wedding...and I really feel like its not going to be what  I expected because i cant do everything i wanted to do at this time now...cuz i have no money to get my DIY projects..:-(

Re: AW...

• Options
    mandydc0509mandydc0509 member
    First Comment
    edited February 2012
    I would take the job. It may not be the ideal job, but it will help you get another one and provide income until you find what you're looking for. You could always keep an eye out for something else, right?

And congrats on the offer! Stay positive and hopeful :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I am so sorry you are dealing with all of this! It is a good thing that you did find a job though :) Don't stress too much about DIY projects, just focus on the things you actually need for your wedding and that at the end of the day you will be married to your FI. Focus on the good things in your life :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I'm so sorry this is happening at a time in your life that should be filled with joy and excitement.

Unemployment isn't easy. I know that the job that was offered isn't a dream job, but IMO, I would take it if it means you would have money to pay the bills. I guess ask yourself: does it pay more than unemployment? When I became unemployed, I got depressed, and it was in the middle of winter too. I hardly left the house. And that was even more depressing. I basically took whatever job I could until I found something else. There's nothing saying you have to take this job forever. I would take it and keep looking. There's no telling how long it will be before you get another offer.

Keep your head up and good luck!
  • Options
    Sorry you're going through such a difficult time :(

I would recommend taking the job.. I know how awful unemployment can be (I was laid off from my DREAM job in June), but unemployment doesn't pay what a "real" job would. Even if it's not your dream job, it can be temporary until you find one that makes you happier. Give it a try, you might be surprised! IT will keep those bills paid in the mean time and you'll have more experience on your resume for next time. It's a tough market, so I'd take what you can and just keep looking! don't settle forever, but don't paint yourself into a corner either :)

Follow Me on Pinterest Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I agree with the other ladies. At this point it is a job. Something to get you out of the house and to make a little money. As long as it pays enough to cover your bills then that is more then unemployment would do. You can always keep looking for that DREAM job it will happen for you.

As for wedding stuff just re-evaluate things. What is stuff you 100% want and what is stuff you think would be okay without. Then work on the things you truely want and then if after those are done you still have some leftover then work on the things you want but aren't as important to you. At the end of the day as long as you go home with your new husband it will be worth it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_aw-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:affdefd1-c63e-4401-ab5b-e10173be2800Post:f50aec46-18af-4bf2-b692-bc5278758114">Re: AW...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would take the job. It may not be the ideal job, but it will help you get another one and provide income until you find what you're looking for. You could always keep an eye out for something else, right? And congrats on the offer! Stay positive and hopeful :)
    Posted by mandydc0509[/QUOTE]

<div>I say the same :-)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards