May 2012 Weddings
Options

may have to change our date :(

So we had confirmed our date with the most important people, except for one. His dad. Frankly, for a few different reasons, his dad just doesn't ever want to talk about wedding stuff. He refuses to believe it's happening and it's quite frustrating in times like these. Well, Stephen decided to finally call him up and confirm the date--a task he wanted to do by himself and had been putting off. His dad replied with, well...it simply won't work. He refuses because he has to work the next day.

Background: His dad works every day. Literally even Christmas. It has been a really complicated matter. There will not be one day we will be able to choose that will be perfect for him. Our venue is only approx. an hour from his dad's place of work. We don't see what the matter is considering we are having an early ceremony and a shortened reception. Even so, his dad owns his own business and would be able to take off if he wanted (and he should, considering his only son will be getting married) but is too stubborn. We just don't know what to do. Our hands are tied because Stephen is close with his dad and doesn't want to start drama with him, since he will be working with him to learn the family business. I'm tied because my father-in-law has done more to include me in the family than my own family has (except for this matter, ironically).

I guess what I'm asking--how do we respectfully stand our ground? This is the date we want. It is significant to us and nothing else feels right. (It just happens to be on a Thursday (which in our eyes is a cheaper alternative). I know we should have confirmed everyone...but we had to act fast to get our place!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards