Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Ideas for including brother that has passed away.

I will be getting married next June and without taking away from the true meaning of the wedding I want my brother, who passed away 6 years ago, to be included somehow. We were becoming very close before he passed away, when he was 17, and he was the only sibling I grew up with. So when I start to think about my wedding it won't be complete without some part of him present. However I have no idea how to do this. Please help with any suggestions!

Re: Ideas for including brother that has passed away.

• Options
    I saw in a book that I bought.  You take a little picture and put a blessing on the back and attach it to you bouquet as a little charm. 

I am planning on doing this for my FI's mother and our grandparents.
    It is a really nice idea that is not going to be too distracting.  Good luck hope you find what is right for you to do with this sensitive situation.
  • Options
    I had a bracelet made in remembrance of my Uncle that passed.  It has a photo charm on it with his picture inside and it turned out beautifully.  There are pics in my Bio under Jewelry if you'd like to see it.  It's going to be a neat/subtle way to remember him and that's exactly what I wanted.
  • Options
    My cousin's new wife's brother passed away in a fire just months before their wedding, and they lit a candle and and placed it with the male attendants. The programs listed their names, and added "and a candle lit in honor of Andrew Smith."
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I think lighting a candle is subtle, but a really nice way to remember loved ones who passed.  My FI and I are having two candles lit (by MOH/BM) in remembrance for his Dad and my Mom..
  • Options
    My FI's father and stepfather both passed away within a month of each other this past summer...and I wanted to honor them both.  I know the FI really appreciates this as does his mother.  So, I spoke with our wedding coordinator and we're having a memorial table at the reception.  And it's not gawdy or dreadful of any sort...just a candle in a hurricane with a framed saying about remembering those that cannot be with us today along with a framed picture of both.   And our officiant, also including a quick sentence in the beginning of our ceremony about those all present here today and those here in heart...then she cues in and says at this time we would like to honor the memory of my FI's father and stepfather...then she goes right back to the ceremony.  So, it's not gloomy for such a joyous day..and it's in the beginning..over and done with real quick so it doesn't interrupt the fun and sappy stuff...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards