May 2012 Weddings

NWR: The BIG 3-0

Tomorrow is my 30th birthday and I'm not dealing with it very well. I know everyone older than 30 says "Just wait til you hit ____!" But I'm not there yet...i'm here. 30.

I've just been thinking about the last 30 years and the last 10 in particular. The last 10 years have made me, changed me, influenced me and taught me so much about who I am. I went from being married at 19, to having 2 boys by the time I was 22. Separated at 24, divorced at 25. Bought my own home at 27, successful job and now engaged to the most amazing man I've ever met.

I don't know why I'm freaking out about 30....I just am. This may possibly be the best year of my life. We (me and the boys) are moving in with FI in the next two months, we're getting married in May (obv.) and I should graduate with my Bachelor's degree in August.

Maybe it's just all those changes that have me a little freaked out. I feel like this is the beginning of a kind of whole new life for me...for us. I look back at the 20 year old me, and don't even recognize her. I am stronger, more independent, smarter and more confident.

Ok...so, maybe 30 won't be so bad. I'm in a good place in my life and it's only gonna get better.

Whew...thanks for letting me think through that while I typed. It helps to see it in black and white!! You ladies are awesome!!

178 Are Invited
image 126 Are ready to Par-tay!!image 52 Are party poopers.image 0 Can't find the mailbox.image
RSVP Date April 14
Photobucket
Follow Me on Pinterest
Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards