May 2012 Weddings
Options

When are you having your first dance?

Hi ladies,
I can't decide... are you having your first dance right after your entrance at the reception or after dinner? I like both ideas, both have pro and cons... when are you having your first dance?
Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: When are you having your first dance?

• Options
    this was a tough one for us to.  We decided to get some dancing started, eat and do the toasts thing and then get back out with more dancing later.  We decided to break it up some so those that are not dancing are not just sitting there bored out of their minds the whole night. 
    Time of our lives Anniversary
  • Options
    We are cutting the cake right after our entrance, so we decided to move the first dance until after dinner.
  • Options
    We're starting all dancing after dinner- With our group, I'm afraid if we stop the dancing at any point we'll have a hard time getting them back out on the floor.

But we also have lawn games and a photobooth to entertain the non-dancers :)
  • Options
    We are being introduced then going straight into the first dance. By then guests will have just sat down to eat. After our dance we will get us food and sit down to eat. While we are eating people can get up a give toasts then after all that we will have dancing and cake cutting and everything.
  • Options
    We're doing it right after the reception entrance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    I think the flow will be best to do your first dance right away after the intros.  You're already the center of attention and in the middle of the room at that point, it's the most organic way to move the reception along in my opinion.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We are doing it as the second song after the "every body first dance" song. Basically we will be introduced and that song will keep going as the DJ invites everyone out on the dance floor to start the party. After that it will transition into our first dance song.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I REALLY wanted to do it at the entrance but then when i did our timeline it seemed weird...so we're doing it after dinner. I'm sure we'll all be starving anyhow...then again, on second thought eating then dancing may not be ideal. lol
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I REALLY wanted to do it at the entrance but then when i did our timeline it seemed weird...so we're doing it after dinner. I'm sure we'll all be starving anyhow...then again, on second thought eating then dancing may not be ideal. lol
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We're doing it right after dinner.
  • Options
    i was unsure, but i think after reading these responses and trying to imagine it, i think i'd really like to do it first thing after our entrance.

i've been to a wedding where i really liked whatever music the dj was playing and wanted to dance but couldn't (or didn't feel right about it) because the bride and groom hadn't done their "first dance" yet.
  • Options
    Right after...I always get bored with the traditional stuff at weddings but i think it's important to do it. I sat through yours you can sit through mine haha.
  • Options
    We are doing it when we make the entrance.  We're already the center of attention, and it just flows well, IMO. 
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    We are doing it after the entrance (gotta get FI off the hook early so he can relax) but after we do cake cutting/toasts I am going to kick off the dancing with the little bro.

So we are going to only have 2 dances that are prearranged.
  • Options
    Haven't decided for sure, but I think we'll have the entrance, go right into our first dance, then cut the cake.  Then we'll have dinner & toasts, and we'll start off the dancing for the rest of the night with the father/daughter and mother/son dance.  That way it will break up the "boring" slow dances =]
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    We are doing it right after we make our entrance. We will do the parent dances after dinner.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards