May 2012 Weddings
Options

good news and bad news

Ok. Good news first....cause nobody likes bad news, right?

good news -- I took my ring to my jeweler today to get started on my wedding bands. My ring is antique and is very unique in design. She is going to create 2 custom bands so that it remains symmetrical. 

little bit of bad news -- when she was studying my ring she found that I had a complete break through my ring shaft (yikes!) and one of my prongs was almost completely broken (double yikes!). Luckily I brought it in today because had I hit it on something, my diamond would have probably fallen out (super yikes!). 

really great news -- I have my ring insured through Jewelers Mutual. I contacted them today about the damage that was found on my ring. Amazingly, I don't have a deductible. Also amazing, I just got an email from Jewelers Mutual, and I don't have to pay ANYTHING out of pocket!! WOOHOO!! My jeweler will make all the repairs and Jewelers Mutual will pay them directly!!

OK, now the bad news. I got my taxes done today. I work for my family busines and our accountant (not a family member, and a real B) told me to file in a certain way (I beleived her, cause I don't know much about taxes or anything...up until this year my parents have claimed me). WELL. I owe both the state and the fed BIG TIME. We're also in the process of buying a house (we close in 3 weeks) and have lots of expenses. So...how to handle this? I am looking in to setting up a payment plan with the IRS. Hopefully that'll solve things. Or, I'll just have to not have a wedding band until after the wedding. Yuck. 
imageAnniversary

Re: good news and bad news

• Options
    Ugh, sorry to hear!  I found out in about September that I was not withholding enough taxes, so I had to withhold an additional $800 per paycheck until the end of the year to end up not owing anything!  I get sad when I hear people talk about what they are going to use their tax return for, since I won't be getting one.

Good news about the rings, though!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Great news about the ring. Sucks about taxes. FI we are actually waitong to hear back on his taxes to see if he owes anything. I'm getting back a nice amount more than I ever have BUT I might have to turn around and spend it on his taxes. Hopefully we find out soon.
  • Options
    Ugh I am so sorry to hear about your taxes. The ring I want that matches my e-ring is way too expensive for FI and I right now so I will be getting a plain band and then hopefully upgrading in the future.

Why doesn't money grow on trees?
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I hear about all of these national tax companies (like H&R Block I think) that will check your taxes for a bigger refund. Maybe bring your taxes to them and see if they can finagle them to get you a refund or at least not have to pay anything. 
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    yea.....I did meet with H & R Block. So, no dice. And, because my parents claimed me last year, I can't claim anything that they didn't claim last year for me (like my mileage that I drive for my job....about 8,000 worth @ $0.55 a piece.....) SOOOO That sucks. 
    imageAnniversary
  • Options

I am glad about your ring coverage!  That is awesome!!

Sorry to hear about your taxes...taxes suck!

I hope everything works out...maybe your FI will get a big refund? ;)

• Options
    Yikes, sorry to hear about your taxes! Hopefully the accountant will get things figured out this year so next year you'll end up GETTING money & not OWING money :)

But, the news about the ring is great! Gotta love ring insurance! I took mine in to get cleaned/inspected (I have to every 6 months in order to keep the insurance) & found out I had a loose stone. If we wouldn't have had insurance, it would have cost us $340, no thanks! So, thank goodness for insurance :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Glad you were able to meet with the jewler and talk about your bands.. and so lucky that they caught the problem before you lost your diamond(s).  Got to love insurance!!

That REALLY sucks about your taxes.  I know that has to be stressful, but at least you can set up the payment plan...  Hope it all works out!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Dont you just love insurance?!? I had three loose stones and a scratch on one. They replaced and fixed the whole thing...for free and informed me I can do as many free rhodium dips as I want! Im glad yours worked out too!

Bad news: I feel your pain. I had a second job for part of the year, which pushed me into the next tax bracket and wasnt withholding enough from my big kid job. Here I was expecting 2k+ when in fact I have to pay in 2k+ :(.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards