May 2012 Weddings

Wording for favor box- help

So for a favor we are doing little sage green boxes with ribbons and flowers on them... Inside the box are going to be 2 Ghiridelli chocolate squares.

On our first (sorta blind) date when we me FI handed me a bag of Ghirideli chocolate squares and they are just a very us thing. Of course at the time it totally freaked me out and I called my girlfriend asking what kind of guy is this? The answer ended up being a wonderful man who I am marrying.

Originaly I wanted to put a little note (on colored paper) explaining it but I just can't get the wording down... so this is what I came up with-

From first date to first dance
We have been surrounded by loving and supportive people
Thank you for being here today
All our love- C&R

Re: Wording for favor box- help

• just thinking that adding about the girdelli squares might be cute so maybe just a slight tweek like

From first date to first dance
    We have been surrounded by loving and supportive people
    and these chocolates
    Thank you for being here today
    All our love- C&R

Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree I always wanted to do something saying something about the chocolates... So now that I'm typing I found I can be a little more wordy... Plus the desert first reference is from another early date story when FI realized what he was getting into with me.

Second try

Our first date started with little squares of chocolate and now we start our life together with you and a bite of desert first.

Thank you for coming and surrounding us with such love and support.
    Love, C&R

• Such a cute story and idea! Awkward to word though. Here is my two cents, I am a big fan of simple and less is more:

It all started with a square of chocolate...

Thank you for surrounding us with such love and support. 
    C&R

Sidenote that's my FI and my's initials too! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_wording-for-favor-box-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d3ca5be6-5ba5-4cd0-929b-c441b1dbc8abPost:4606930d-d69d-423b-8be5-7490fc50e3e5">Re: Wording for favor box- help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Such a cute story and idea! Awkward to word though. Here is my two cents, I am a big fan of simple and less is more: <strong>It all started with a square of chocolate... Thank you for surrounding us with such love and support.  C&R</strong> Sidenote that's my FI and my's initials too! 
    Posted by caitlinc09[/QUOTE]

I like this idea a lot!!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_wording-for-favor-box-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d3ca5be6-5ba5-4cd0-929b-c441b1dbc8abPost:4606930d-d69d-423b-8be5-7490fc50e3e5">Re: Wording for favor box- help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Such a cute story and idea! Awkward to word though. Here is my two cents, I am a big fan of simple and less is more: It all started with a square of chocolate... Thank you for surrounding us with such love and support.  C&R Sidenote that's my FI and my's initials too! 

This.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    [QUOTE]Such a cute story and idea! Awkward to word though. Here is my two cents, I am a big fan of simple and less is more:<strong> It all started with a square of chocolate</strong>... Thank you for surrounding us with such love and support.  C&R Sidenote that's my FI and my's initials too! 

I vote for this. I agree that less is more & this is cute :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I agree with the PP simple and cute! Mmm..chocolate.
  • Thanks for the feedback... I'm not good with short witty sayings so I really appreciate it. :-)

I think we'll go with the short version (once I ask FI tonight) and now I just have to pick fonts, print them, and cut them :-D The DIY never seems to end...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_wording-for-favor-box-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:d3ca5be6-5ba5-4cd0-929b-c441b1dbc8abPost:4606930d-d69d-423b-8be5-7490fc50e3e5">Re: Wording for favor box- help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Such a cute story and idea! Awkward to word though. Here is my two cents, I am a big fan of simple and less is more: It all started with a square of chocolate... Thank you for surrounding us with such love and support.  C&R Sidenote that's my FI and my's initials too! 

<div>
    </div><div>this</div>
    Anniversary Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I agree with PP, that is an adorable idea!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FI loved the shorter one...
    A check :-)

Thanks again- I love the help from this (very nice) board
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards