May 2012 Weddings
Options

Holy Moly. I'm freaking out!!!! (semi-long)

Oh My Goodness!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (If I could curse on here I would.)

Got a call from Priscilla of Boston today. My dress is from there, my bridesmaid dresses are from there, and my mom's dress is from there. After 65 years of business they are closing their doors. They're owned by a holding company that owns David's Bridal, JCrew, Neiman Marcus and a few others...and the holding company decided to close them down. 

Here's the good news -- all of our dresses are ok. They're completing their orders, and taking the time necessary to complete them well (they're not officially closing until Dec. 31). I have to rush to get the girls to send in their official measurements, but we have until Sept. 10. 

Here's the bad news -- we won't be able to get our alterations done there. I'm seriously worried about having someone who has no knowledge of the dress and how it's put together altering my dress. 

Are any of you girls having your dresses altered by someone who did NOT sell you the dress -- i.e. not a wedding salon? 

I am FREAKING OUT. 

Also, why in the WORLD would the holding company close them down!?! they did Grace Kelly's wedding, several white house weddings, and countless others. OMFG. 
imageAnniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards