Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

co-ed bridal shower location recs???

My sister wants a co-ed bridal shower, evening cocktails, preferably outdoors (or patio/terrace at location), chic, trendy, etc.  Any suggestions??  I think we're looking at May or June for time frame and I'm guessing the number of guests would be around 25-30.  And cost is definitely a consideration - we have 5 bridesmaids chipping in, but we also have to travel to a destination wedding, so we're trying to keep the costs down.  Any and all recs would be greatly appreciated!!  Thanks!

Re: co-ed bridal shower location recs???

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend had a co-ed shower in South Park - no so much chic and trendy, but it was lots of fun! 

I was at Six Penn one night a few years ago and there was an engagement party on their roof - it would hold about that many people and looked so awesome...not sure about the costs though!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    KR - My engagement party was on the roof at Six Penn in August  06. Wouldn't that be weird if we were there at the same time?!

It was a surprise party, so I don't know costs either, but the space is awesome! My mom and DH put together a fun appetizer menu, and it was really awesome!

Also, I think Molly Brannigans or Claddaugh would be a fun place for a joint shower - then the guys can have a pint :-)

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer, it seriously might have been in August!  I know it was right before we got engaged (September) because engagements and weddings were on my mind.  How funny if it had been you! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ha ha, that is awesome! :-) It is always interesting to think about all the times I may have been in the same place as someone else! :-) 

It was a fun party! My friend played the bagpipes for us, and it was a beautiful night! I have really fond memories. And I love Six Penn! :-)

Dave & Jennifer 10.18.08
    My Doha Adventures
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm late to this post and I'm not sure where you are looking (area wise). But Grazzi in at the Oxford Athletic Club in Wexford has an outdoor patio that could be used.  I know they do alot of private parties.  I'm not sure of the costs.

Also, The Cabbana Bar is there too.
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I also recommend Grazie in Wexford! I had my RD there and its extremely affordable for what you get.  We used an indoor room (we had 50 people), but the patio is really nice. I went to a graduation party held on the patio many years ago when it was a different restaurant.

www.grazieofpgh.com
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think Casbah also has an outdoor room that can be kept open or enclosed, and it could definitely hold that many people.  It's trendy and has great food.

http://www.bigburrito.com/casbah/

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    missizzmissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You know, you can have a co-ed shower in places that you'd have an all female shower too.  Just in case you wondered.  Sorry, the thread title just puzzled me a bit.

If you're looking to keep costs down, why not rent a pavillion and have it catered?  Bring some lawn games and booze.  It's very cost effective and way more fun for the guys than sticking them in a trendy restaurant, IMO.
  • Options
    meighancutlermeighancutler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess the reason I posted "co-ed" was just to alert everyone to the fact that guys would be there as well - just something a little different than the typical bridal shower. 

I'm leaning towards more of a "city" vibe for the shower, because her wedding is going to be in a park on the water in Maine, so I wanted to do something different for her shower.  Her taste is very upscale, trendy, chic - so I was hoping to find a venue to compliment that . . . but without the expensive price tag.  Not sure if that's possible!!  :)

Thanks for all the suggestions so far - keep 'em coming!!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that the North Lounge or the Press Room at Heinz Field has a balcony/patio off of it. I think you can also rent out some outdoor space on the main level (Coca-Cola Plaza, South area). Very affordable and fun with a city vibe!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards