May 2012 Weddings
Options

Flower Girl and Ring Bearer

I already know who I want to be my flower girl and ring bearers (we have 2). But I haven't actually asked them yet. The flower girl is my cousin's oldest daughter who is about 4 problem is they live 3 hours away and the most we talk is when I see them once a year unless they come to town more. We talk on FB but that's about it. Same thing with one of the ring bearer's it's my other cousin's son. So how do I ask them if their kids can be in my wedding without waiting till Dec when they are in town. Any ideas?

Could I send them presents (for the kids) with a note attached? Or is that too informal?

Re: Flower Girl and Ring Bearer

• Options
    If they are too far for the convenience of meeting in person, I think making a phone call is fine.  You could send the kids a "thank you" gift afterwards for accepting the invitation to be a part of your big day. :)
  • Options
    I would send a card.. that is what I did!
  • Options
    We are probably just going to call and ask, all of the children that will be in our wedding are at the very least 8 hours away!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! I also posted this in the wedding party group and one lady seriously told me to wait till December to ask them. Seriously? 6 months before my wedding I told want to be still worrying about asking people. Plus I don't think they got the point that one of them lives 30 hours away!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards