May 2012 Weddings

Shower Gift Question

I'm afraid I have too much in certain price points on my registries. We are registered at Macy's, Target, and WS. So...
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Shower Gift Question

• spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    When we went to register at BB&B, the guy helping us said that most guest will spend on average of $50 for a bridal gift. Some guests might spend more and some might spend less or a few guests might go in together and buy one larger gift. He also told us to register for 3X the amount of stuff as guests we have attending and just because you register for certain items doesn't mean that you will get them all. I wouldn't be too worried about the cost of the items you registered for because at the end of the day it is what you wanted and if a guest can't afford a certain item on your list then you'll probably end up with a check or gift card which is sometimes better than an actual gift. I know that we won't get the $300 KitchenAid mixer but a girl can sure try :) No need to worry about the registry, thats suppose to one of the more fun aspects of planning a wedding!!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • I guess it depends on the type of shower.  If it's at a nice restaurant, I will give more than if it's in someone's backyard.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • Depending on how close I am to the bride, between $50-$100 at the shower.  As long as you have a lot of stuff in varying price points, you should be fine!
    photo trex2_zps7ab4e9b0.jpg
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I usually spend between $75-$100 on a shower gift.

Anniversary
  • I usually spend $25-$50 but it depends on how close I am to them. Like when my MOH gets married I will spend more like $100 or over because we are very close.
  • We're registered at Target. They recommend the following item price break down for your registry: 39 items under $10, 26 items between $11-$30, 30 items between $31-50 and 26 items $51+.
    May '12 Nesties
    March Siggy Challenge: Furbaby
    MARRIED!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think I wouldn't spend more than $50. I would spend more overall if I was close to the bride but then again my financial situation comes into play as well. I think I spent about $25 at my sister's bridal shower, but I was also a college student with very little money.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I would say between $50-100 depending on how close I am to the bride and/or if I'm in the wedding party.  If I'm in the wedding party I usually spend less since I helped throw the shower.  That said...there are guests who will spend more and less....I've already received my KITCHEN AID MIXER!!!  And I registered for the extra fancy one :-)  so that was a super awesome surprise - but unusual haha.  On average the other gifts I've received from people who can't attend are $50-75 items.  If you're worried you have too much stuff over that range, which I do as well, I say just forget about it...people will either go in on bigger items together or get gifts cards, which we're secretly hoping for so that we can buy luggage.  We already live together and have everything we really need, so the registry stuff is "nice to have" or just upgrades.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards