May 2012 Weddings

Why does this happen to me....

My brother is in the Army National Guard (YAY FOR HIM!)  and I knew when i asked him to be a groomsmen there would be a chance he wouldnt be there because he might get deployed Jan 2012... well he got the call on Thursday, he he has a 90% chance of leaving for 8 months..meaning my little brother/ONLY brother wont be there for my wedding....:-(

He has a CHANCE that he might not go, and also if he does go, he might build up enough leave time to come home for the weekend/week for my wedding..so lets hope....

:-( Im very very proud of him and im excited for him....but..im very very upset..

Re: Why does this happen to me....

• im sorry
  • I'm sorry =[ that is absolutely no fun...I'm trying to plan a wedding and picking a date hoping that my fiance will make it!!!! He is in the USMC so we will just have to wait and see
    Photobucket
  • I'm sorry your brother may not be here for your wedding. Please thank him for his service. Our servicemen and women sacrifice so much on a daily basis for our country and we can't say thank you enough.
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm sorry that he might not get to be there :( There's nothing he can do it about it, however, so you'll just have to go with the flow and pray he doesn't leave or that he can come back for the wedding.
  • spalkospalko member
    First Comment
    Hopefully everything works out for the best and he'll get to be there. If, however, things don't turn out how you hope, you should see if your wedding venue has wireless internet or someone may have a wireless card. This way, during the ceremony someone could bring a computer, get on skype , and your little brother would be able to watch the whole ceremony via skype. I know its not quite the same but it's something to consider if he can't be there with you guys.

I know how it feels having someone being overseas. My FI is currently stationed oveseas and its really tough trying to plan a wedding without him here.

I'll be sending thought and prayers your way to keep your little brother and all our troops safe while overseas!
    imageVisit The Nest!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2012-weddings_this-happen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:f0ca0bc1-9255-4120-8042-b40e7f3e99c5Discussion:f48591d7-e659-4bb6-931f-3d11b988d17dPost:e6a045e0-58a7-4f12-92d2-0b2d9f4454d4">Re: Why does this happen to me....</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Hopefully everything works out for the best and he'll get to be there. If, however, things don't turn out how you hope, you should see if your wedding venue has wireless internet or someone may have a wireless card. This way, during the ceremony someone could bring a computer, get on skype , and your little brother would be able to watch the whole ceremony via skype</strong>. I know its not quite the same but it's something to consider if he can't be there with you guys. I know how it feels having someone being overseas. My FI is currently stationed oveseas and its really tough trying to plan a wedding without him here. I'll be sending thought and prayers your way to keep your little brother and all our troops safe while overseas!
    Posted by spalko[/QUOTE]

<div>This is a really good idea! </div>
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My dad (who has no tech savvy ideas) actually thought of the skye ability. so It wont be the same. But i cried SOO MUCH last night im soo upset, im very happy for him but i want him there so bad. 
  • Awww im sorry girl . My FI brother is a marine and will probably be deployed for our wedding and is a groomsman. totally upset he might not be able to make it also.

do they make any exceptions. i heard not for weddings but others told me they get certain times they get to come home and i wasnt sure.
  • he can try to get out of being deployed..but he wants to go. and yea they dont care if u miss a sisters wedding...i think the only exception is if ur wife is pregnant..but ive known ppl who cant come home for that. so i have no idea. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards