Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Happy Monday!

Good Morning All!  The weekends are never long enough, I'm reaching a point of exhaustion today.  This is the 8th day of my 10 day "week". 

I did accomplish a few wedding things this weekend: I purchased a dress for my shower. Purchased shower gifts for my BMs and purchased all the candles for our centerpieces. 

Have a good day!
Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

Re: Happy Monday!

• Options
    jezebelljezebell member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there such a thing as a Happy Monday?  Yay for the checks, Duqcheer!  I hope to get my computer up and running again soon so I can get something wedding-related done. I feel so handicapped without it and my work computer (that I'm on) doesn't have what I need.  I have a BM that won't get her fitting because she's going to have lap-band surgery --someday.  It hasn't even been scheduled yet.  Meanwhile she keeps putting it off.  Another BM is telling me how uncooperative the others are being about the shower because they're all broke.  So FI tells me to go Bridezilla on them because they knew this was coming.  I want David Tutera to come in take over...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is a happy monday for me since I have a short week this week! I'm leaving on Thursday morning for a quick trip (4 days) to Hawaii with my FI!

I also had a productive wedding planning weekend! I had friday off and went wedding dress shopping (I'll post later today with pictures and details) with my mom and sister. We found THE dress! Talk about exciting! The wedding is feeling more and more real! I also worked on getting a wedding website put together yesterday. My FI was actually very impressed!

Hope everyone has a fabulous Monday - despite it being Monday!

• Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    Morning everyone!

Had a great weekend..yesterday was my shower!! It was so beautiful. It was at the S Hills CC and we had about 98 people show up. Even with that many people, my bridesmaids were super organized and we moved quickly through the gifts and were done with the whole shower in about 2.5 hours..not too shabby! It went sooo fast I can only imagine how quickly the wedding day will be!

I have a long day at work today (till 9pm) but tomorrow morning I am going to Hershey with one of my girlfriends! Yay!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Good Morning! Weekend was ok, went too fast as others' said. I slept in a lot, so I feel like I didn't get much accomplished. Yesterday I accidently cut part of DH's hair waaaay too short. He forgot to put the blade guard on, so now he has a bald streak in the back of his head. Thank goodness he wears hats a lot during the summer. It should grow out better by the time we leave for vacation in a few weeks. I can laugh more about it today, but I was sooo upset yesterday- more upset than he was!

Meg- You're working 10 days in a row?! If so, that's nuts- no wonder why you're exhausted. I hope the next two days fly for you!

Jez- Hope your BM just gets her dress fitted soon instead of trying to get the surgery- you're only 3 months out, geez!

dbpsu- Wow, have fun in Hawaii! Congrats on the dress purchase!

Jamie- So glad your shower was fun- my shower was about 3 hours and I only had about 28 people. I don't know how you got through it that fast with 98! What's your favorite gift you received?

• Options
    kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Morning everyone!  For me its happy Monday b/c its the beginning of my wedding week!  My weekend flew by!  I got back from a work conference late Friday night.  Saturday my parents and brother came down for the world cup game and then Saturday night I went to a co-worker's dance recital.  Sunday we did some last minute wedding errands.  Today I have to work a little bit but later I am driving up to Pittsburgh for the rest of the week!

Kim - I'm glad you can laugh about it now!  I think all of us have had hair mishaps at one point - my bangs were cut super short and uneven once by my dad.

Meg- How many days do you get off after your 10 day stretch?  Hopefully more than two!

Jez- ugh some BMs are always challenging but remember she'll be the one looking silly in pictures, not you!

dbpsu- Hawaii sounds great!  Do you have pictures of the dress?

Jamie- Your shower sounds like it was great!  Do you have any pictures?  I was at a shower at the S Hills CC a few years ago and it was very beautiful!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    kime- Happy Wedding Week!! Are you excited, nervous, etc.? I hope the day goes quickly for you- I know I was about to bounce off the wall on my last day of work before the wedding.
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    edited December 2011
    Morning! My weekend was nice.. Friday we went out to dinner with some friends, Saturday I hung out all day with my friend at her pool and then we had a girl's night, yesterday I just hung out with family and BBQ'd. I am working offsite today and I have a ton of meetings.

Meg- Those are great checks!
    Jezebel- Sorry your bm's are being difficult!
    DB- Yay for finding the dress!
    Jamie- Glad you had a nice time at your shower!
    Kim- That's hilarious about your DH's hair haha

Have a nice day everyone!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    dbpsu-YAY! Can't wait to see pictures of your dress, what a great check!

Jamie-Sounds like you had a wonderful day!  It must have been so special to have 98 people there with you to celebrate YOU! Enjoy HI!

Kim-At least you DH isn't too upset about his hair! My motto: It's just hair, it will grow back Wink

Kime-Happy Wedding Week!!!  Enjoy every minute of this week.  Hopefully your work day goes by quickly and you have safe travels to PGH. 

ETA: Jezebell-Hopefully your computer gets fixed soon!  I understand your frustration, I'm working remotely from my office today and don't have access to ANYTHING. 
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    abbys0420abbys0420 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! (Well, almost afternoon)
    FI had friends visiting this weekend, so I spent the weekend cooking meals for and cleaning up after 3 boys. Also, it was absurdly hot here this weekend, so I spent some much needed pool time. It was a relaxing weekend overall.

Duq: you need a vacation! I hope you get some rest after a 10 day work week!

Kim: Maybe DH will start a new trend. soon all his buddies will be sporting a new haircut :)

Kime: Have a great and relaxing wedding week!
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning ladies!  It was a fun and busy weekend here- dinner with friends on Friday night (including a couple visiting from out of town who just announced they are having a baby!), Zumba and kickboxing Saturday morning, a friend's party Saturday night, and then crazy crazy Pride festivities and parade all day yesterday :)  I feel like I need a vacation from the weekend, haha!

Meg, do you have to work ten days in a row?!  Whew, hope your last couple days fly by!
    Jezebell, hope your BM gets fitted soon- she's running out of time!
    Danielle, have a great trip to Hawaii and post some pictures and details about your dress today!!!
    Jamie, I'm glad the shower was so fun!  I'm impressed how fast your BMs got things done.
    Kim, that's so funny about your DH's hair :)  Like Meg says, the great thing about it is that hair always grows back.
    Trisha, sounds like a good weekend with lots of outdoor time!
    Abby, sounds like your FI owes you some dinners out this week ;)

Kim, HAPPY WEDDING WEEK!  Do you have much left to do for the wedding?

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    edited December 2011
    Kimi-Happy WEdding week!! How exciting!

Kim-I actually got 4 gifts I LOVED. I have to tell everyone about them:
    First, a pair of long, footed pink pj's with Mrs. (newlast name) embroidered on them. Complete with a butt flap and everything Tongue out

Then, one of the OR nurses my mom works with wrapped up the nickel that I swallowed (and then had surgery to remove) when I was in 3rd grade for my wedding shoe. Weird, but kinda cute that they kept it I guess? lol

My brother's godmother got us a door knocker that was engraved with "The (new last name) est 9/18/10" which was really cool

Lastly, my mom, in addition to contributing money for hte shower, bought me am 8 piece set of All-Clad stainless steel pots and pans!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Those are some unique gifts, esp. the nickel- that's pretty crazy! The door knocker sounds awesome- what a thoughtful, sweet gift.
  • Options
    shortyhartzshortyhartz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Happy Monday!  I know I haven't been on the board much, and really I have no excuse because it's summer and I'm a teacher, but hello everyone!  I went dress shopping for the first time on Saturday, it was nice, but just went with my mom and FMI so I decided next time I definitely want a few friends to come to get their opinions.  I found 2 possible gowns (both by Maggie Sottero) that I liked, but I still want to look around.  I'm excited for this week becasue going to Chicago to see my fiance on Wed and then we fly out on Sat for Vegas for a few days.  I hope planning is going well for everyone and you are all enjoying our hot and humid summer!

Kim~Congratulations!  That is so exciting!  I hope you are able to stay relaxed and enjoy your last few days before becoming a "Mrs."
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_happy-monday-20?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:3b200cdb-9b38-4339-905d-353c9b0a2131Post:1e5129e6-6e6b-44d6-8459-fe62b68e5125">Re: Happy Monday!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Kimi-Happy WEdding week!! How exciting! Kim-I actually got 4 gifts I LOVED. I have to tell everyone about them: First, a pair of long, footed pink pj's with Mrs. (newlast name) embroidered on them. Complete with a butt flap and everything
    Posted by JamieK1882[/QUOTE]

LOVE THIS!  Glad you had fun!

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards