June 2013 Weddings
Options

C & V Thursday

Sorry this is a little late today, ladies, I'm off today and in vacation mode.

So, confessions? Vents? Let 'em out here!!

Re: C & V Thursday

• Options
    Confession: I'm a little irratated that neither of my parents are willing to help me pay for anything wedding related.  I know I'm an adult with a stable job, and I should put my big girl panties on and get over it, I'm just a little disappointed.  However, I am super greatful that my dad is hosting it at his house.  I'm just being a spoiled brat I think.

Vent: I don't think I have one today. 
    June 2013 - January Sig Challenge - Honeymoon Destination - Prince Edward Island
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    Confession: I shouldn't really be on here because I have a presentation to work on that I'm giving in 2 weeks. But I figure it's still 2 weeks away.

Vent: I'm working an 11 hour day today and I'm not too happy lol. I have an experiment that I'm running that has an 8 hour time point. I got here at 6:45 but the chemist didn't get me the drug until 9 so now I'm stuck here until 5:30. It's going to be a really long afternoon.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    Confession: I've fallen behind on my summer grad class. Mostly to my own unproductiveness, so I really don't have an excuse. I was hoping to get some work done today, but I actually have program planning stuff for next week to do and it's taking an exceedingly longer time than I had anticipated originally, which is annoying. Even though it's what I'm paid to do. Uhhh, I just went to finish making copies for thing I need for Monday and my printer ran out of ink. I can't go buy a new cartiridge either because nowhere in this tiny town sells the big industrial cartridges for the bug scanner copier in my office. Plus, I can't afford the $100 price tag up front to get reimbursed at the end of the month. So now on my day off tomorrow I'll have to go to Central and grab one and hope I can get this done ASAP Monday morning. Of fricken course. Lame. 

Vent: I guess it's more of a confession, but whatever. This deck building project is going to take up my weekends for the next unforeseeable amount of time, which is really irritating. Don't get me wrong, I'm super appreciative of FI's dad for teaching us some really incredible skills that I would otherwise never learn. The amount of engineering involved is impressive and the hands on part is great. But FI's dad talks in circles and likes to sit and think about a hundred ways to do one thing whereas FI and I are both like "hey here's a single idea that sounds reasonable. Let's do it". We got the posts in yesterday but only got 4 of 16 plum and set. His dad calibrates laser for a living and is super technical about this kind of stuff. I think we spend like four hours trying to get the four posts within a tenth of a degree of a perfect 90*. I thought FI was going to lose it at one point. It was like 95* and blazing sun yesterday too, so it was far from comfortable to outside lugging 200lb posts. Our backyard looks crazy right now too. Dirt, rocks and tools everywhere. 12 foot posts stick up out of the ground. We had to buy ones that were way too long because it was the only length they had in 4x6. Seriously, our yard looks nuts. And my poor left palm, all the skin is rubbed raw. It finally started to heal then yesterday it split open. I don't think it'll heal right until we finish. I can't wait to be done. I'm going to lie on it nothing but my bikini and drink until I pass out.

Holy, novel, my bad!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    cnf2013cnf2013 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited July 2012
    MrsK- FI and I got in a fight like that, also in a car, last summer. It was right before he proposed and I didn't know he was planning on it. We were screaming at each other and I actually opened the door and demanded he stop so I could get out and walk the couple miles back to our apartment. FI and I disagree plenty, but we don't legit fight often, so when we do, they get very nasty. Lots of intentional feeling hurting and bringing up of past arguments. I definitely know the feeling.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    MrsK - My FI and I were in a two day fight like that. Well I was in a fight and he couldn't figure out why I was so angry, which made me even angrier. He was in Cincinnati and I was in Columbus, which is the worst when you are fighting. So when he got back we talked everthing over rationally and now we are good. But, I threatened to give the ring back because he was p*ssing me off so badly. So don't feel so bad. It happens sometimes. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    ashlidieashlidie member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited July 2012
    Confession: On TK instead of being busy.  whoops...

Vent: Got a message back from the hotel.  I have AWESOME news... they can not book a block for me.  Apparently there is a huge lacrosse tournament in town the week of my wedding and they have over 50 rooms blocked off, and they always sell out as well as the other hotel in town.

LUCKILY they still have about 40 rooms available, but they can't reserve for us.  So basically I have to tell my guests ASAP to book a room, without warning tell them to come up with $100 if they want to stay at a hotel.  I feel like this is rude but I don't want them to try to book and they are stuck without a place to go.
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

We are the same way with fighting - it doesn't happen often, but when it does it gets bad. We also try not to fight in front of our daughter, so usually we wait until she is in bed, and by then we come up with all these mean things to say to each other so it's not pleasant.

Vent: We are going camping tomorrow, and I woke up with this nasty cold, so now I'm sitting here filling up on cough drops and hoping that it goes away soon!

Confession: I just found out that I'll be going on an out of state conference for work in August, just for two days, but it's the first time I'm going somewhere overnight without my FI or my daughter ever since we had her three years ago, so I'm a bit nervous but kind of excited, too. It should be fun to network with other professionals in my area, plus I'm looking into applying to grad school next year, and I'm still undecided on what exactly I want to do, so this conference should be a good way to see whether the area that I'm in right now is something I want to do in the long run or not.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Confession: My FI and I fight like that too. We are both very stubborn and have dominant personalities. It's almost like he likes to fight, about stupid stuff just to be the boss. We went to a couples counseling apt and it went amazing! We both have gone through some crazy stuff in life and had already seen the counselor on a personal basis before we met. So he already knew us very well lol. I just want to smooth out all the kinks now. BEFORE the wedding! Vent: my FI can be a prick sometimes. Lol
  • Options
    Same thing everyone else said about the fights- My FI tends to act like a 5 year old sometimes, so rather than talk about things rationally like adults, he will just sulk and be mad and mean and brood for like a day or 2. Sooo annoying. When we finally do fight, it's a blow out, and my biggest problem is I feel like I always apologize and he rarely does. He will just let it blow over and move on.

Confession: I start a new job Monday, and I so do not want to give up being off for the summer. I have been in the teaching field for the past 2 summers, but because of the wedding and wanting to get a house, I really need a steady job with income and insurance, and it's just not there at this very moment in the teaching field. So now I have to put my big girl panties on and work all week like most other people in the world, :(. I'm going to miss my pool though, and I'm going to miss posting on here, I'll have so much to catch up on at the end of the day becaue I can't really get on TK at work. I;m such a whiner and I probably sound like a spoiled baby right now, but it's hard to go back to work in the summer when you have enjoyed lounging by the pool for so long.

Vent: I don't really have one, my confession kind of turned into a vent I think.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    rmp, as someone who was also in the teaching field, I can say that giving up summer break for the first time in my entire life is horridly painful. It's really depressing.
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Ughh, I'm so dreading next week, I hope I don't cry. My mom and FI can't wait for me to start working, lol, and they have points, but like you, I always had summer off (except for part time jobs.) Oh well, nothing I can do but hope, hope, hope that I get a teaching job soon.
    Honeymoon Destination - Hawaii image
  • Options
    MrsK FI and have had one of those fights too. We hardly ever fight but I was so frustrated that I gave him the ring and said I was calling all the vendors and canceling everything. I went to bed crying and he eventually came up, put his arms around me and we smoothed things out. But it was horrible. Rmp I know the feeling. This is my first summer working after 8 years of having summers where I make my own schedule and can go to the beach whenever I want. It sucks! Confession: I did absolutely NOTHING at work today except for look at cars and dresses. Then I left at 1:30 to go to the dr and get some antibiotics for my wonderful sinus infection. Vent: I'm frustrated with my FI because he doesn't want to be involved in the planning process. I try not to ask him too much but sometimes I just want his opinion. I loooove planning and decorating so putting together a wedding is like heaven to me. I would do it for a living if I knew I would make money. But this is also his second marriage so he could care less but it's my first so I really want to have the whole experience and enjoy it all, it's just hard when he's not into it at all. I'm glad I have this board to talk to.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I don't know how I missed this on Thursday! FI and I are dog sitting for his dad and I've been so busy and sleep deprived because the dog barks every hour throughout the night! Anyway FI and I don't fight often but we had one of those lovely give back the ring kind of fights memorial day weekend. We had been drinking and we had a fire going I went no the kitchen to make sandwiches for everyone. FI was being a pain I'm the A and told me I was taking too long and should go hang out with his friends gf... Needless to say I never ate my sandwich through my sobbing tears hahaha
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards