Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Got a dress!!

A few weeks ago I was asking for recommendations on bridal stores that had more informal bridal gowns.  I quickly realized that a traditional (or even informal) wedding gown was NOT for me.  

I first went to The Winner in Sharon... the prices were good, but the selection was not what I expected and the service was not very good.  It was all off-the-rack and they had very few dresses near my size.  I was really frustrated after that.

Then last weekend, my mom and I went to MB Bride in Greensburg and I found the one!  The informal bridal gowns were still too fancy for what I wanted (we're having an outdoor reception in the middle of July next year), so I ended up with a bridesmaid dress.

It's by Bari Jay, and I tried it on in light green but I'm ordering it in ivory.  It's lightly and flowy and super comfortable.  

Thanks for all of your recommendations on my previous post about dresses.  Smile  Glad I found something quickly - one more thing checked off the list!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Got a dress!!

• Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats! i like it!! there's an older knottie that did the same thing (bought a BM dress as her wedding dress) and it was pretty!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    COngrats!  It's beautiful!  I've known two girls who have gotten BM gowns in ivory or white to use as their dress.  It's your day and they dress is gorgous!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Super pretty, and I'm glad to hear you had success at MB Bride, because that's going to be my first stop!  Congratulations!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! Great check! Glad you were able to find something you love!
  • Options
    ros3392ros3392 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful dress, I love how feminine it is!! It sounds like it will totally fit your vibe!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks all!  I am trying to be different and this sure is different!

Ash2985 - I thought their service was really good.  We went on a Saturday afternoon and it was a little busy, but our sales girl, Brianne, was really helpful and didn't rush us at all during the 2 hours we were there.  My dress is taking 4-6 months to come in though, so I'm not sure if it's like that for all of their dresses.  Good luck!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards