June 2013 Weddings

C & V Thursday

Confessions? Vents? Here's your chance to get them off your chest!!

Re: C & V Thursday

• My FI loves the blue sash that I got for my dress...he's why I got it, because he liked it so much. But now I am second guessing it. I am bringing my dress back to the place I bought it so I can put it back on and try all the other options before I make that final commitment and have my seamstress attach the sash to my dress. I'm worried that when he sees me on our wedding day, he won't be as impressed. He helped me pick my gown out very unconventional I know, so changing anything about it and trying to keep it a surprise feels underhanded, lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession: I've done more calligraphy practice than work in the past two weeks.

Vent: Nothing to vent about today. It's early though. :)

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Confession: the diet I've been attempting to fit into my dress next month... well, that hasn't been happening.
    Vent: I want this semester to be over because I don't care anymore and just want to get married. I'm sure I'll have ten reasons to support this statement by the end of the day today.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    June 2013 brides December 2012 Siggy: Bridesmaids Dress
  • Confession: I hit the mailbox with FI's truck last night. Granted it was the neighbors fault, they park right across from our driveway to piss us off and I can't always get the truck out when they do that. I ended up straightening the mailbox and pretending it never happened. (No damage on the truck)

Vent: I am so tired of asking FI to contact the DJ for a contract and a conformation that our date is in his books. The DJ is a friend of FI and a really nice guy, but I want to get this dealt with ASAP so that he dosn't book something else for the same night. (He runs a Karaoke/Trivia company and its the KJ for that as well) I have been asking FI since the beginning of August, and this is the only thing I have asked him to take care of. (I would be content with an iPod for the evening)
    Its not the destination so much as the journey, they say. - Captain Jack Sparrow Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Our brand new, year old, Samsung dryer stopped producing heat last Tuesday before Thanksgiving. We bought a (very expensive) extended warranty for it, so I called Wednesday to make an appointment for someone to come fix it. They only service our area Mondays and Thursdays and today was the earliest they could come. That alone irritated me, but whatever. They confirmed three times, including this morning at 8:30 (side note, they start appointments at 8am, so keep that in mind for a minute here). They called FI at 930 to say the tech was "sick" and that no one was coming even though they confirmed an hour earlier and the appointments for the day should have already started, so I call bullsh!t. FI was livid and spent all day on the phone trying to figure something out, get someone else to come, get our warranty refunded so we could just hire out, whatever, to no avail. So now we have to wait until Monday. And if they have to order a part it'll be even longer. The dryer will have been broken a day shy of two weeks when they come Monday. How the hell can they sell a major appliance warranty then make you wait WEEKS to come fix it??? It's so ridiculous. And our time frame to wait for a technician was 8am-5pm and they couldn't narrow it down any and someone over 18 had to be home for it. Meaning someone has to take a full day off work for it. It's just ridiculous. I'm so angry. Now we have to drive an hour home to Cuse to go do laundry at our parents house tomorrow. Just infuriating!
                                                                                  Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Vent: My son is really starting to upset me.  He is a walking accident.  Seriously.  He is constantly getting injured in one way or another (or at least, at times, claiming to be injured).  I keep telling him he has to be careful since he doesn't have health insurance right now (thanks to my boss!) but he just completely doesn't think before he does stuff.  Last night he got up into the attic while he was home alone to put a Christmas tree up there that someone gave him (and we don't even NEED since I already have TWO!) and when he came down from the attic to get the box the tree was in something happened and the ladder fell and so did he.  He's currently eligible at his second job for health insurance benefits but keeps "forgetting" to go get the info so we can look it over and decide if that's a better option or if a better option would be a single plan since he's got some pre-existing conditions.  I just know one of these days I'm going to end up taking him to the hospital and having a huge medical bill because he won't go get the insurance information and won't be more careful.

Confession: I'm very resentful toward my boss for "not thinking it was important" to tell me my son was eligible to go on my insurance back in April and that the company would pay the majority of the fees so every time my son gets hurt I make sure she hears about it somehow and then moan and complain about how worried I am whether he'll survive until I can get an insurance plan active on him.  It's mean but she knew I couldn't afford the individual plan for him because of his pre-existing conditions and she knew that his father was refusing to provide health insurance for him anymore so since she knew all that you would think it would occur to her that I needed to put him on my insurance at work.  DUH!
    June 2013 Sig Challenge - Shoes

Planning Bio

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards