Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Library as a venue in North Carolina

My daughter is getting married in a year and has always wanted to get married in a Library.  Does anyone know of a great library within an hour of Charlotte, NC?  Thanks

Re: Library as a venue in North Carolina

• You'll have better luck posting on a local board. I live roughly an hour from Charlotte, but the libraries here aren't very pretty and I doubt they'd be able or willing to host a wedding.
  • The only time I've seen a wedding to be held in a library was in a movie.  I'm not sure this happens in real life.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_ceremony-ideas_library-as-a-venue-in-north-carolina?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:10Discussion:bf87efaa-ee84-4620-ba3a-6e8cf6c22190Post:c89bc94f-604f-4a7e-957f-63ef47210e40">Re: Library as a venue in North Carolina</a>:
    [QUOTE]The only time I've seen a wedding to be held in a library was in a movie.  I'm not sure this happens in real life.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto this, and I work in a library in North Carolina. There are a lot of logistical issues. For example, it couldn't be in a public area during business hours, because it would be disruptive to patrons. If you do it after hours, there will have to be staff there to open and close. There will also have to be security present, and possibly fire watchers. A lot of libraries also have no-food rules, although this might not be an issue if you're only doing the ceremony there. And then there's the space issue. Most libraries are not equipped to do weddings. The stacks cannot be moved. A lot of the open spaces will have tables, often with computers on them that cannot be easily rearranged. They may have larger conference rooms, but this probably isn't the kind of space you're looking for.</div><div>
    </div><div>All that being said, you might try contacting the libraries at UNCC and just see what they say. It doesn't hurt to ask. Good luck!</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have been to a wedding in a library, but in Baltimore. It was absolutely beautiful, but clearly catered to this kind of event. The average library might not be set up this way, or so accommodating. Check with your local boards though.
  • My reception was in a library, but in Chicago. They do happen in real life. Not just in Sex and the City.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sounds beautiful. I would check college campuses and smaller towns as an option.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards