Chit Chat
Options

NWR: wtf?

Ok, I apologize for how random this is and I don't know why anyone else cares but I am so confused right now.

FI just chatted me saying he'd been chosen to get a free haircut by a well-known salon, and then the look would be featured in a magazine. I guess they wanted guys with long hair (FI looks like he just stepped out of the 70s). He said before he signed off on it he wanted to check with me and then shows me this picture:

Juan shaggy.jpg

This is the style they want to give him.......

This is so out of character for him! I mean, it's his hair. He can do what he wants with it and I'm not going to tell him he can't, but I feel like he's being crazy. Odds I'm being April Fooled 2 days late?

Re: NWR: wtf?

• Options
    Your picture doesn't work.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to Re:NWR: wtf?:[QUOTE]Your picture doesn't work. Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

Ditto. I can't see it.
  • Options
    Huh. I can see it.

Well, let's try this:

Can you see it?
  • Options
    Nothing stopping his from going to another salon or barber shop after they take the pictures if he doesn't like it.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • Options
    If he wants to do it then you really can't stop him.  If afterwards he hates it he can go and get it cut to something a bit less strange at another salon.  It isn't like he is paying for this haircut so he won't be out money.

Also, remember that hairstylists who are going for a certain look for pictures will style the hair "oddly", but when your FI washes it, drys it (if he does dry his hair) and styles it, it will most likely look a lot different.

• Options
    Maybe this is his way of trying to find out if you'd prefer he cut his hair. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Oh he knows I prefer his hair shorter. His mother and I give him a lot of grief whenever it starts getting long.

But I'm not telling him not to do it. I don't really care how his hair looks and like PPs said, if he doesn't like it afterwards he can get it cut. That he is considering, or even volunteered for, this whole experience (being in a magazine, getting a haircut that would normally cost more than $10) just kind of baffles me, but I'm not worried about it at all. Just thought I'd share!
  • Options
     Maybe Bop! Magazine can stop by the photo shoot. You will feel like you're with a celebrity with Bieber fever.
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    I think you were just trying to share a funny story, and I'm laughing. If he does it, I hope you two get a kick out of it.
  • Options
    Yeah, I've seen salon books that have "makeover" sections where they make sure the person looks super grungy beforehand and style them with makeup and clothes so they look "fab-u-leeessss" lol. Hopefully you can get a good copy of the  before and aftershots and keep them in a locket. :) awww!
     Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    If he does do it, he's going to get sick of it being in his face after an hour, even sicker of the fuss it takes in the morning, and angry about men making question of his orientation. My advice? Get some popcorn and prepare yourself for some free high quality entertainment
    Don't make me mobilize OffensiveKitten

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards