Chit Chat
Options

Curiosity just about killed the cat

My wedding band was purchased way back in January (we were told the price of gold was going to go up), and I have been so good about leaving it in my drawer... I would not let myself put it on before the wedding.  (Just a silly rule I enforced upon myself).  Well, today I'm home early from work in my empty house and my excitement just got the better of me.  I had to try it on again with my e-ring.  When I took it off I dropped in on the floor and it almost bounced into the register... eeek!  Not coming out of the box again until July 6th!!  

Any other close calls, or superstitious rules you've imposed on yourselves??
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Curiosity just about killed the cat

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_curiosity-just-about-killed-the-cat?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:25a0072d-3b9e-4c1f-a93e-a6b130fcb5d1Post:5fd7b492-8eb2-4336-b7b2-bb712a51932a">Curiosity just about killed the cat</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding band was purchased way back in January (we were told the price of gold was going to go up), and I have been so good about leaving it in my drawer... I would not let myself put it on before the wedding.  (Just a silly rule I enforced upon myself).  Well, today I'm home early from work in my empty house and my excitement just got the better of me.  I had to try it on again with my e-ring.  When I took it off I dropped in on the floor and it almost bounced into the register... eeek!  Not coming out of the box again until July 6th!!   Any other close calls, or superstitious rules you've imposed on yourselves??
    Posted by jenn5628[/QUOTE]

I won't be seeing FI before the wedding, but I have no real superstitious feelings and wow, I don't even have any anecdotes from others that I recall.

Here's an article about it though: <a href="http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/13/wedding-superstitions_n_1669380.html" rel="nofollow">LINK</a>
    Apparently if you shop for rings on a Friday it is bad luck. You can reverse the curse by having a cat eat out of your left shoe though. So, that's good.

I have to laugh because I originally linked a manual for an industrial pump I was quoting to someone by accident
    image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

• Options
    I did the old new, borrowed and blue literally too. But I forgot my sixpence day-of, so H can blame me for our inevitable financial ruin.

My wedding ring is TINY. I think it's a size 3. H had to keep it before the wedding I was so afraid I would lose it. Now at bedtime when we take our rings off, mine goes inside his so I can find it on the nightstand without turning on the light.

The only close call I had was completely unrelated to superstition. I called my seamstress to see when I would be able to pick up my dress (she told me it'd be ready by wednesday, it was thursday, wedding was the impending saturday) and she said  "I have you down for an appointment on the 18th." My response? "Well that don't do me no good, my wedding is the 12th!" Apparently, a shock like that makes my grammar fly out the window. Anyway, she got it done and gave me a slight discount for her mistake, but goodness was I glad I called when I did.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards