Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Pittsburgh Indoor Wedding Pictures- Where should we go? Help!

My fiance and I are getting married March 6, 2010, just 23 short days away.  Our wedding is at First United Methodist Church in Shadyside.  We had wanted to take pictures at Phipps, unfortunately they will be closed.  We also tried the Frick Art Museum, but they have a wedding.  The Carnegie Art Museum in Oakland won't let us in until after 5 PM (we want to be at the reception in Cheswick at 5:30). 

Does anyone have any indoor location ideas for pictures? 

Thank you!

Re: Pittsburgh Indoor Wedding Pictures- Where should we go? Help!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Most places I am aware of, the bride and groom have to pay. I believe Phipps was going to charge anyway, so if it is in the budget, you can try:

PPG
    Heinz History Center ($75 or so? Maybe $125, it's been awhile)

Try CMU, if they are open and not on break, you can probably get in there if you are discreet. The Renaissance Hotel is a place used a lot if they don't have a wedding that day, but parking there can be a pain and also, it is VERY dark in there and hard to photograph in places.
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Cathedral of Learning at Pitt?

Do the photos have to be inside?  Can you use the Columns at CMU?  It was raining the day my daughter got married and they went to the Columns because they were covered and it worked out great.

What kind of photos are you wanting?

For something different you could ride the Incline and get photos on the ride up.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was raining for us and we went into the Cathedral of Learning and the Pete. The COL really doesn't have a great backdrop, but the nationality rooms were fun, we went into the Polish room (my heritage) and Irish room (DH's heritage).

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and just to add, I got married in the winter and it was about 40 degrees, no rain, and all my photos were outside, so if you are willing, you can just take them outside.

HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards