• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Chit Chat

BIG hair days??

We were all reminiscing about our big 80s hair today at dinner. It was fun with everyone gesticulating about how wide/tall their hair used to be. A LOT of hairspray back in those days. It seemed like everyone had a good "big hair" story. I remember a guy we met in a club in the late 80s and said he could tell which brand hairspray we used just by smelling. Sounds pervy, but he got all 5 of us right. (3 of us were Aqua Net, no surprise there...). two of us knew of a girl whose hair caught on fire from all the hairspray. I remember everyone (teachers included) wanting to touch my hair. It was impressive because it wouldn't move, even in a tornado. Plus my bangs were about 6" high...
Man, those were fun times! Anyone else have a "big hair" story?

Re: BIG hair days??

• misshart00misshart00 Oklahoma member
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    I don't really have any stories. But I still tease the heck out of my hair near the back since it's so fine and thin. Its not mile high, but i like to give it a lot of volume. And I have to admit, I do own a bump it and I love it.
  • I definitely feathered my bangs.  I can't believe we thought we all looked good.

I used White Rain hairspray.  I had never even heard of Aquanet until Mad Men.  Whoops!
  • AddieCakeAddieCake Beyond the Wall member
    10000 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary 25 Answers
    Rave hairspray for my mega mall bangs and wings.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I feel like I should share my 6th grade school photo. Taken in 1998, I had shoulder-length hair and a side park and my hair was SWOOPED up in the front by my forehead, about two inches high. That's the most I ever let my mom tease my hair.

The swoop is nicely accented with a velvet leopard-print turtleneck and buckteeth (which I've since grown out of).

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_big-hair-days?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:89ff700f-0637-4255-8f49-adadd6c811a1Post:59f62b57-717f-4872-b521-ea6c110c3d57">Re: BIG hair days??</a>:
    [QUOTE]I feel like I should share my 6th grade school photo. Taken in 1998, I had shoulder-length hair and a side park and my hair was SWOOPED up in the front by my forehead, about two inches high. That's the most I ever let my mom tease my hair. The swoop is nicely accented with a velvet leopard-print turtleneck and buckteeth (which I've since grown out of).
    Posted by zoberg[/QUOTE]

<div>PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can you put this up? I'm imagining it so vividly in my mind, but I just.. I need to see this.</div>
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards