Chit Chat
Options

I've got my judgey pants on, do you?

I was out and about earlier than usual this morning, so I decided to run into Dunkin Donuts for a cup of coffee.  At 7am when I was waiting to be helped a man was walking out of the DD.  He had with him a small boy, maybe 18 months old.  The little boy had a huge scoop of ice cream on a cone. I judged that man and I judged him hard!

Anyone else finding their judgey pants to be a good fit today?

ETA:  I do not know the back story of these people and i'm not trying to say that it was good or right of me to judge them, i'm simply admitting that I did.

Re: I've got my judgey pants on, do you?

• Options
    Mine are fitting real good! I open up work at 7am, was running literally 2 mins late and there was a guy sitting in the parking lot already waiting to be let in and breathing down my neck as I unlocked the door. (FYI it's a super small store). Who honestly needs to be up and running this early on a Friday?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Don't get me wrong by any means, I have my judgy moments for sure! But this one not so much. Was it because the child was eating ice cream? At 18mos there is a lot of teething going on! Ice cream is very soothing for a little one. :D
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ive-got-my-judgey-pants-on-do-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:a58c0dfb-7657-4c98-91e0-a6af846e17e8Post:fb20d7de-fd42-42d1-9425-bb1f50b63252">Re:I've got my judgey pants on, do you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't get me wrong by any means, I have my judgy moments for sure! But this one not so much. Was it because the child was eating ice cream? At 18mos there is a lot of teething going on! Ice cream is very soothing for a little one. :D
    Posted by elizabetheleven[/QUOTE]

Ice cream that early in the morning. . . . absolutely, that is why I judged.  Granted I don't have kids, and don't know much about teething (which I thought was problematic at younger than that age) but I imagine there must be something better for him if that was the case.
  • Options
    I live with judgey pants on.

• Options
    In Response to Re: I've got my judgey pants on, do you?:
    [QUOTE]I live with judgey pants on.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree with you more.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ive-got-my-judgey-pants-on-do-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a58c0dfb-7657-4c98-91e0-a6af846e17e8Post:76465d43-5754-42d0-a74a-661b0303bb57">Re: I've got my judgey pants on, do you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I live with judgey pants on.
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

<div>They're the only ones that always fit, no matter what week of the month it is.</div>
    my blog - for the love of ein
    'Next time, just fart.' - BriSox81
  • Options
    My judgey pants are the only ones that fit me right now.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ive-got-my-judgey-pants-on-do-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a58c0dfb-7657-4c98-91e0-a6af846e17e8Post:77d9e673-9192-4646-86af-9c5e3918c111">Re: I've got my judgey pants on, do you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My judgey pants are the only ones that fit me right now.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>Dammit you took my line! LMAO</div>
  • Options
    I can't think of a day when my judgey pants WEREN'T on. 

For the ice cream, I would have side-eyed that, too. I wouldn't have judged the guy waiting at the store, though. I've been early places before like that b/c I needed to swing by there before other errands, before work, etc. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ive-got-my-judgey-pants-on-do-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a58c0dfb-7657-4c98-91e0-a6af846e17e8Post:77d9e673-9192-4646-86af-9c5e3918c111">Re: I've got my judgey pants on, do you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My judgey pants are the only ones that fit me right now.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

<div>Same brain :3</div>
  • Options
    I absolutely judge people who drive like idiots. Because, 99.9999% of the time, if you are FOCUSING on driving, you are not swerving/weaving/slowing down/ramming into the back of a car.

Your coffee/phone/makeup/radio station can wait. Srsly.
  • Options
    Children teeth at all ages as well as don't wake up at the same time as everyone else. That may have not been early to him! And who knows... He could have even just left the doctors or something more intense like surgery. He could've gotten the frozen treat for doing so well. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder.
  • Options
    misshart00misshart00 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    Yeah, I'm super judgy but the ice cream think wouldn't have phased me. My wedding related judge today is the wedding I went to last weekend. They did their dance to the thrift store song and wore thrift store clothes over their wedding attire. I know that couple is different, but that just rubbed me the wrong way. And we had to wait at the reception with no food for an hour and a half while they took pictures. My parents, H, and I almost left to go eat. Then the food was cold.
  • Options
    I judge Sanctimommies. Check out STFU Parents for some great examples.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ive-got-my-judgey-pants-on-do-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a58c0dfb-7657-4c98-91e0-a6af846e17e8Post:84a91fcc-a453-4301-8408-8ef86a307199">Re:I've got my judgey pants on, do you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]\ And we had to wait at the reception with no food for an hour and a half while they took pictures. My parents, H, and I almost left to go eat. Then the food was cold.
    Posted by misshart00[/QUOTE]
    I was in a wedding once where the bride and groom just didn't show up to the reception for like an hour and nobody knew where they were. No food was served, either. People were guessing they stopped off to have sex somewhere. I was so pissed that by the time they got there, I said congrats again and left. The bride was kind of annoyed with me, but I was like, "Hey, I put in an hour at this reception already. Sorry you missed it." 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    harper0813harper0813 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I judge the woman at the dog park yesterday whose dog kept trying to pick up smaller dogs with its mouth to shake them and break their necks (it started to shake one puppy before the puppy's owner kicked the big dog and screamed and the owner). Because it thought they were rabbits.

And the woman just laughed and spanked her dog. Seriously, lady? Your dog is trying to kill other dogs because it's stupid. Get your stupid dog away from the little dogs.

The dog didn't know any better, but I judge her so hard.

ETA: Why the H did I write "beffore" rather than "better"?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ive-got-my-judgey-pants-on-do-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a58c0dfb-7657-4c98-91e0-a6af846e17e8Post:0d7431d3-572e-4816-9a1e-c0315f3144db">Re:I've got my judgey pants on, do you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:I've got my judgey pants on, do you? : I was in a wedding once where the bride and groom just didn't show up to the reception for like an hour and nobody knew where they were. No food was served, either. People were guessing they stopped off to have sex somewhere. I was so pissed that by the time they got there, I said congrats again and left. The bride was kind of annoyed with me, but I was like, "Hey, I put in an hour at this reception already. Sorry you missed it." 
    Posted by AddieL73[/QUOTE]

So you left before dinner was served?  I would have been annoyed by you too.  It was absolutely rude of them to keep people waiting for that long without food, but if there WAS food eventually, and you booked it out of there like a child before the food was served when they had paid for your plate, I'd be pissed too.  Especially since you don't know WHY they took so long.  Maybe their car broke down.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_ive-got-my-judgey-pants-on-do-you?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:a58c0dfb-7657-4c98-91e0-a6af846e17e8Post:a4e77ae7-c3f2-42b5-ad41-29af9334eeb5">Re: I've got my judgey pants on, do you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I judge the woman at the dog park yesterday whose dog kept trying to pick up smaller dogs with its mouth to shake them and break their necks (it started to shake one puppy before the puppy's owner kicked the big dog and screamed and the owner). Because it thought they were rabbits. And the woman just laughed and spanked her dog. Seriously, lady? Your dog is trying to kill other dogs because it's stupid. Get your stupid dog away from the little dogs. The dog didn't know any beffore, but I judge her so hard.
    Posted by zoberg[/QUOTE]

This is a completely legit thing to judge.  WTF?

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • Options
    i am eat sleeping and breathing in my judgy pants these days.

NWR judging: people who start unrelated heated discussions on conference calls.  have these discussions on YOUR OWN TIME.  Definitely not while the rest of us sit and basically pop some corn while listening to people pontificating. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    201 Invited image 139 Attending image 20 Declined image 42 Are making me wait image
  • Options
    I'm judging my co-worker's fiance.  He just came back in and said "so much drama."  I pried a little, and turns out his fiance is upset that his mother hasn't offered to throw her a bridal shower yet and hasn't started to coordinate the rehearsal dinner invites.  She is having four or five showers already!  His words were "she [fiance] is mad about division of responsibilities."  Apparently her mom has a binder full of wedding stuff.  My coworker's mom has a super busy job (she's basically executive level at a big company), and I'm sure this is the last thing on her mind.

Then we got into a debate about tradition vs. etiquette (me and the men on my team), and we just couldn't meet eye to eye.  My coworker basically said "I just want to stay out of this" and "I don't really care about this shower stuff."  Poor guy.  Poor mom.  And I'm hardcore judging his FI.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards