Chit Chat
Options

Reprimanded at a bridal shower

So, I went to a bridal shower this weekend.  It was at a lovely restaurant with yummy food.  When I walked into the venue, I greeted the MOH and told her everything looked lovely.  Her response was, "I was so stressed out, I think i'm going to throw up."  Perhaps that should have been a sign of things to come!

She had the bride start opening gifts as soon as she got there, and continued throughout the event (taking breaks to eat her meal).  Towards the end of the party everyone was drinking wine, chatting, and eating while the gifts were being opening.  The MOH banged a knife on a plate to get our attention.  She reprimanded all of us for being to loud. . . . saying that the bride couldn't hear what was going on.  She then yelled at her mother openly in front of everyone for nothing of any importance (MOH and Bride are sisters)

I walked over to the Bride to be near the end of the shower when there was a quiet moment to congratulate her and the MOH happened to walk by.  She started yelling at anyone who would listen that it is ridiculous that people would leave a shower before cake was served and how rude everyone who left was.  (At this point, the shower had run over the time indicated on the invitation by about an hour)

All the while, the girl across from me at the table was talking about the PPD she is planning because everyone wants to see her get married, even though she was married over a year ago. 

Re: Reprimanded at a bridal shower

• Options
    wow.  someone is wound a little tight.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    The poor bride. I would've been so red on the face. It sounds like she took it well though.
  • Options
    I feel so bad for that poor bride!
  • Options
    The bride is so easy going. She was great about it. I think she really had a great time, all things considered
  • Options
    Wow sounds like the MOH needs to take a chill pill and destress... I am glad that the bride is okay though but judging by the MOH's behavior it sounds like there is a bit of tension. A wedding is supposed to be a happy time and I understand some stress but that was a little over the top.
  • Options
    This also makes me wonder what the MOH will do at the wedding.
  • Options
    Sheesh. Good thing there was wine there. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Sounds like a bad movie!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I guess stress does crazy stuff to some people.  Although, I'm not sure how throwing a party at a restaurant for someone else is really that stressful. . . . but to each her own
  • Options
    Well, that's a situation where my face would obviously show that I wanted to tell her off, but that my lips stay shut out of respect for the bride...sheesh.

image   imageimage
    You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards