Attire & Accessories Forum

Flower girl?

I need some opinions...does the flower girl usually match the bridesmaids dresses, or dress like a "mini bride" in a somewhat matching dress to mine?  I'm hearing very mixed opinions on this, and now I'm very confused! Insight please?

Re: Flower girl?

• CnSinLOVECnSinLOVE member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2013
    I feel like typically they dress in ivory or white like the bride would, but I think you could put them in whatever you prefer. I have one that will be dressed in the same color dresses as the BM's because she already had the dress, the other is wearing a blush pink dress, it doesn't match perfectly with anything, but we found it and really liked it! If you're concerned with how it will look I wouldn't worry. They won't end up in that many formal pictures and when they walk down the aisle everyone will be thinking about how cute they are, not what color their dress is!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Whatever you'd like. I personally loathe the mini bride look. Mine are weariing more girls's party type dresses.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I;m not crazy about the mini bride look myself to be honest...its cute and all, but at the same time (not to sound conceited) i feel as if the bride is really "supposed  to be" the only one in white...?
  • I'm not a fan of the mini bride either.  Either pick a color similiar or that compliments the bridesmaids, or if you do white or ivory dress have some color in it.  My bridesmaids are in a plum color and this is the flower girl dress (not the exact dress but very similar)

Anniversary
  • I hate the minibride look also. My flower girls were in cute dresses that matched our accent color.
  • NJackson520NJackson520 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    I am not a fan of the mini bride look either. My flower girls are wearing yellow dresses with royal blue sashes. They are carrying flower wands with blue daisies on them. The bridesmaids dresses are royal blue and they will be carrying yellow flowers.

Whatever you like is all that matters :)
  • Thanks...haven't settled on bridesmaid dresses yet but most likely with be black with some type of ice blue accent..maybe a sash..or something. My colors are ice blue and black. I wouldn't want the little girl to wear black...so I'm thinking contrasting it and making her wear the ice blue instead
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards