Attire & Accessories Forum

Save on Costs & Buy a Used Dress: Alvina Valenta Wedding Gown 9102 - $3000 OBO

Once worn custom made Alvina Valenta (AV 9102 style) gorgeous wedding gown. This dress is has an all over ivory Alencon lace overlay and a creme silk duchess satin underlay. Definitely a vintage style gown with an elegant strapless sweetheart neckline, a modified mermaid silhouette (soft fluted) and covered buttons with loops to the end of the sweep train. Dress zips up completely under the buttons. This dress is timeless and elegant yet not too heavy. I truly believe girls with curves (like myself) look better in this dress than the tiny models on the designer website.

Between the dress, custom length order and alterations, I paid $5,000 for the dress. Original size 14, altered to a size 10. All of the material is still there so this dress can be let out to a 14 or brought in even smaller than a 10. Alvina is an American designer and the dress was made in New York. While all wedding dresses run small, Alvina tends to run a little smaller than usual.

Custom Additions: Length (height with shoes 5'10"), long line bra with gel cups sewn in and bustle.

What it needs to be ready for your wedding day: Clasp replaced on inside waist belt to keep dress up and dry-cleaned (pricing will depend on whether you would like me to dry clean or you prefer to get it done yourself).

http://www.jlmcouture.com/Alvina-Valenta/Bridal/Additional/Style-9102
Real brides photos: http://pinterest.com/alvinavalenta/alvina-valenta-real-brides/

Additional Note - the belts/sashes featured on the models for the dress are sold separately. Instead of paying $800+ for the one shown with the dress, I had my own made and I am selling it for $150.

If you want to buy new, there are only 2 stores in Georgia that carry her line - La Raine's in Virginia Highlands (where I bought mine) and Elite Bridal in Braselton. This does not guarantee the specific style dress will be in the store as a sample to try on. I tried to buy it used myself online, but couldn't find my size so I bought it new.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards