Wedding Party

Worst wedding party qifts ever?

2»

Re: Worst wedding party qifts ever?

• For FSIL's wedding, she paid for part of our dresses- that was suppose to be our gift.  Fabulous- now I have a horrible looking dress, that I seriously considered burning after the wedding, sitting in the back of my closet.  No thank you- nada.  It was an awesome wedding if you couldn't tell *heavy sarcasm*

May 2013 February Siggy: Invitations

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I've only been a BM once and we got clutches from Etsy. Mine was not in my personal taste at all. I really wish she would have gotten us things we would have individually liked.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_worst-wedding-party-qifts-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a4b53a5d-58dc-407d-948b-eecb5abfbc5bPost:71174a9a-68c4-4b8e-b27d-c87141b281a3">Re:Worst wedding party qifts ever?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Please don't do day of kits. No adult woman needs a day of kit or a pair of cheapie flip flops. ETA: Why does the gift have to come from Disney? Just buy them something from the Disney Store. Isn't it the same merch?
    Posted by itzMS[/QUOTE]

<ul><li>I'm buying the flip flops because 2-3 of my BM's have already mentioned wanting to change out of their heels for the reception. I'm not filling their day of kits with bobby pins and tampons and stuff like that....Lord knows that they'll have enough bobby pins in their hair that day, and I'm not about to ask who has their monthly friend or not so I don't waste the money buying them tampons.We're putting together bathroom kits at our reception site for those types of things. </li></ul><p> </p><ul><li>I plan on putting some thought into their "Day of Kit" with a few things in each tailored to their interests and so forth. However, what FI and I budgeted to spend for each person in our wedding. The day of kit and sandals won't put us over. A 20-30 gift from our Honeymoon is still feasible, and that's what I think I am going to do. The Disney store is not at all like what you can buy at Disney. Some similar items, but mostly for kids.  Disney has a lot more adult tailored items that I would be looking for. </li></ul>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • MobKazMobKaz member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_worst-wedding-party-qifts-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a4b53a5d-58dc-407d-948b-eecb5abfbc5bPost:6dadcf22-8529-4baa-842e-621faf5fb329">Re: Worst wedding party qifts ever?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mobkaz doesn't seem to understand tthe word OPTIONAL.  That's hardly "dictating" attire. Check her other posts.  I suspect her street name includes the word Bridge.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]

<div>Read a tad more thoroughly....it said dictate/<u>INDICATE.</u></div><div><u>
    </u></div><div>I stand by my opinion.....I'll take flip-flops over dirty bare feet any day in a tacky war.</div><div>
    </div><div>**Fancy.....I hardly "dug" up comments......they are from a current thread......and your use of "attack" is a stretch, to say the least.  And yet,  <font face="Arial"><span style="font-size:12px;">Retread <em>encourages </em>you to check my posts.  Is that not equally weird and uncomfortable? For the life of me, however, I have no clue as to why you would find them of any interest.  If you stay long enough, you will see that many of the "regulars" have threads bookmarked, catalogued, and cross-referenced, ever at the ready for their "copy and paste attacks".</span></font></div><div><font face="Arial"><span style="font-size:12px;">
    </span></font></div><div><font face="Arial"><span style="font-size:12px;">And you got me, Retread......my street name does indeed contain the word "Bridge"...clearly you "trip trap" over many......I'm still heartily chuckling over that knee slapper.  </span></font></div>
  • FancypantsamyFancypantsamy member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_worst-wedding-party-qifts-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:37Discussion:a4b53a5d-58dc-407d-948b-eecb5abfbc5bPost:0cece127-3502-408e-bbb4-ee9c1be2a890">Re: Worst wedding party qifts ever?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Worst wedding party qifts ever? : Read a tad more thoroughly....it said dictate/ INDICATE. I stand by my opinion.....I'll take flip-flops over dirty bare feet any day in a tacky war. **Fancy.....I hardly "dug" up comments......they are from a current thread......and your use of "attack" is a stretch, to say the least.  And yet,   Retread encourages you to check my posts.  Is that not equally weird and uncomfortable? For the life of me, however, I have no clue as to why you would find them of any interest.  If you stay long enough, you will see that many of the "regulars" have threads bookmarked, catalogued, and cross-referenced, ever at the ready for their "copy and paste attacks". And you got me, Retread......my street name does indeed contain the word "Bridge"...clearly you "trip trap" over many......I'm still heartily chuckling over that knee slapper.  
    Posted by mobkaz[/QUOTE]

<div>Your first post sounded like you had some vendetta against her and this one isn't exactly convincing me otherwise. I don't care who's right or who'd wrong, I just think you're being really weird. </div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • felixfelicisfelixfelicis member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2013
    I would like to affirm the running opinion that anything with BRIDESMAID on it is a terrible idea! For the one wedding in which I was a BM (terrible experience, by the way) I recieved a tote that said BRIDESMAID, a jelly watch (SO random and obviously cheap!), and a shirt that had "[Brides Name] Bridesmaid" on it and their wedding date. All gifts were promptly thrown in the garbage immediately after the wedding. 

I am especially against buying bridesmaids tote bags because I live in Florida. EVERYONE has beach bags here! SEVERAL of them!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_worst-wedding-party-qifts-ever?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a4b53a5d-58dc-407d-948b-eecb5abfbc5bPost:201af949-a700-474c-84de-ea96031ad345">Re: Worst wedding party qifts ever?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Okay! I'll take the opportunity to ask this question in this thread versus starting another one of these.   I plan on giving my girls a "Day of kit" with stuff that they may need/want throughout the day and matching flip flops to wear at the reception.  Our honeymoon is in Disney the week after. All of my girls are into Disney something. Whether it's Disney Princess', Mickey or Minney, ect.  Is is acceptable to give them these "Day of" gifts and then get them something on our Honeymoon?  Do you think I should let them all know that this is the intention.  I by no means have intentions of giving them these day of things and that's it. I know from reading plenty of threads and responses from here that it's not personal, nor thoughtful to do this for someone in your bridal party.
    Posted by teachmegs1[/QUOTE]

A lot of people say the "day of" kits are useless, but I got one at the last wedding I was in and for me personally it came in handy. It was a wedding I had to travel to, and so all I packed was a carry on. My flights were delayed so it really was a rough trip (21 hours instead of 8). In our bags (thirty one brand, super cute) she put some chocolate, mints, chap stick, advil, tums, a cute mimosa glass, tide eraser pen, and old navy flip flops. I used almost everything over that weekend and will use the rest within the next month I'm sure. I was sick from my schedule and lack of sleep, so the tums and advil were both one less thing I had to go to Target to buy. She also knew her bridesmaids, 3 of them being family and the other 2 of us being friends for 15+ years. She knew we would use the bag, and would love the mimosa glass, and appreciate having back up supplies over a long weekend. I'm not saying that it is aways a good idea to do, or even "often" a good idea, but just wanted to give my two cents.
  • I've been pretty lucky.  Even when I did get monogrammed stuff and jewelry it was nice stuff that I actually still use. 

Anniversary
  • OrionpkmyzOrionpkmyz member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited April 2013
    Not exactly the worst ever per se but the bride wanted her bridesmaids to wear a certain dress which she RENTED for us and then she herself bough not one, but TWO wedding dresses to wear (and change out after the ceremony). This is after I took off from work and bought my ticket to fly from the east coast to the west coast for her wedding. I did get a "party" dress from Forever21 as a gift.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards