Wedding Woes

When Harry met Sally's (hairy) 'stache

Dear Prudence,
I’m a man who can’t ask this question of my women friends, mostly because it's something that some of them deal with and I don't want to come across as a jerk. It’s the mustache question. Twice now I've found myself dating women who have a slight 'stache. It's something I haven't been able to get past—it’s that big a turn off. These have both been women that I have really liked aside from that one thing. With one we have a kind of When Harry Met Sally situation that's gone unrealized largely because of the upper lip. I said nothing to either woman and went on to date others for whom this is not an issue. But what if I find myself in this situation again—what should I do?

—Waxing Nostalgic

Re: When Harry met Sally's (hairy) 'stache

• In Response to Re:When Harry met Sally's hairy 'stache:[QUOTE]Dear Prudence,Irsquo;m a man who canrsquo;t ask this question of my women friends, mostly because it's something that some of them deal with and I don't want to come across as a jerk. Itrsquo;s the mustache question. Twice now I've found myself dating women who have a slight 'stache. It's something I haven't been able to get pastmdash;itrsquo;s that big a turn off. These have both been women that I have really liked aside from that one thing. With one we have a kind ofnbsp;When Harry Met Sallynbsp;situation that's gone unrealized largely because of the upper lip. I said nothing to either woman and went on to date others for whom this is not an issue. But what if I find myself in this situation againmdash;what should I do?mdash;Waxing Nostalgic Posted by TheMrsC23[/QUOTE]

He should schedule her for a spa day and have waxing as an included service.
  • I wonder if these women really have staches or if it's a matter of the light peach fuzz hair that we all have on our faces.  
  • I think he should just realize that he has a thing about facial hair, and some women don't. I'd be pretty pissed if someone gave me a spa day that included waxing anything, and he would hear about it. 

Just find a girl who doesn't have a 'stache, and then, I dunno, divorce her when she goes through menopause and probably gets a little 'stache? I was fairly hirsute while pregnant - will that still be a dealbreaker for him? 

I just think this is so shallow. Get over yourself or don't, dude, but don't waste our precious Prudie time with your ridiculousness. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_when-harry-met-sallys-hairy-stache?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:f9c1365e-4dca-457e-929e-ef4d9d1e1faePost:28881d0a-e87b-4ffd-9f41-7c36c155d1b1">Re: When Harry met Sally's (hairy) 'stache</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Get over yourself or don't, dude, but don't waste our precious Prudie time with your ridiculousness. </strong>
    Posted by baconsmom[/QUOTE]

<div><3</div>
  • edited April 2013
    Just in case it wasn't clear, I was joking about the spa day.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards