Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

How did you decide it was The One?

So I went wedding dress shopping today for the first time! Yay! And, after two stores I have 3-4 contenders for "The One." For those of you who have already picked out your dress/gotten married in it, how did you know it was IT?
Married since May 12, 2012

Re: How did you decide it was The One?

• Janiceb2010Janiceb2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me, I didn't want to take it off and I could not stop smiling!  I was worried that I wouldn't have that "This is it" feeling, but then it happened. 
    You will know when you find "the" one. Don't give up.

Pittsburgh September Siggy - Our honeymoon will be at the Royal Suites Turquesas in P*nta Cana. Super excited!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ash2985Ash2985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mine wasn't a big emotional feeling about the dress, I just liked it the best out of all of them, and it was a little bit different than a traditional dress, so that was the one I wanted.

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • dbpsu18dbpsu18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For me it was the second dress i tried on and no other dress stood up to it at all. When I tried on others (and i tried on quite a few!) as soon as I would put on a different dress, i knew it didn't have IT like THE dress did!

• cgyvhucgyvhu member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I tried on my dress, I didn't want to take it off because I really liked the way I looked in it.  But I wasn't ready to commit, so I put it on hold, came back a few days later.  Then I tried on a few similar dresses and my dress again, and nothing else really compared, so I bought my dress.  

But I'm also one of those girls who didnt know FI was "the one" for awhile either.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to one bridal shop and tried on about ten dresses...out of those I narrowed it down to four that I thought looked really great and could totally see myself wearing.  But then - I went to another bridal shop - the second dress I tried on there...was "the one."  It was just a totally different feeling - it definitely outshined the previous four that I thought would work.  You'll find it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • trishayoung20trishayoung20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I thought I found one then after I paid for one dress I found the one I really wanted. Thankfully I was able to sell the other one I paid for and get most of the money back.
  • edited December 2011
    I went in with a strong idea of what I wanted (as in, I was pretty sure that one dress I saw online would be the one). It was easy to eliminate a lot of the others I tried on, since strapless prevails and I wanted cap sleeves. I didn't have an overwhelming feeling, but I didn't want to take it off, and my family and BMs loved it as well.
  • dalecnardalecnar member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I honestly didn't know if I'd have the moment that you see so often in shows like "Say Yes to the Dress" but I totally started crying when I put it on!!  I fell in LOVE with the dress and I couldn't stop smiling and didn't want to take it off.  I knew right then and there it was my dress. 
    PGH June Siggy-Favorite Summer Activity-KennywoodWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Hey girls. Thanks for the advice! My family and I went dress shopping again yesterday and I FOUND IT! It wasn't a super "this is definitely definitely it, I'll die without this dress" kind of a moment, but I didn't want to take it off and when the sales associate/consultant/whatever had me pick between it and another equally beautiful one, she said "This is your wedding dress" and I started tearing up. It was the last dress I tried on out of over 40 dresses at four different stores so I'm relieved (and so is my family!) That was tiring!

On a side note, if anyone ever needs dress shopping advice in Houston I can totally provide it. 

Married since May 12, 2012
  • edited December 2011
    Awesome! Can you post some pics?
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards