North Carolina-Outer Banks

Inexpensive welcome dinner options in Duck/Corolla

We are having a beach house wedding in September.  We do not have a wedding party, so there's not much to "rehearse" for a rehearsal dinner and since everyone will be from out of town, we want to have some sort of dinner provided to all of our guests the night before.  Unfortunately, my fiance's family does not have the resources to host something.  Ideally, I would do BBQ at a house, but at this point I do not have another house where we could have something catered.  Any thoughts on somewhere to have a relaxed welcome dinner for 85ish people in Corolla or Duck that won't break the bank?

Re: Inexpensive welcome dinner options in Duck/Corolla

• We were in the same situation, and I looked into different options, but pricing for our welcome dinner, which was about 30 people, were so similar to the wedding prices that we just did bbq at our rental. Costs us about $400.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_inexpensive-welcome-dinner-options-in-duckcorolla?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:ae716b9e-adb6-4cd1-a7ce-30983727f292Post:b696d8f0-021b-4d6a-8c99-ca39f91467e2">Inexpensive welcome dinner options in Duck/Corolla</a>:
    [QUOTE] Ideally, I would do BBQ at a house, but at this point I do not have another house where we could have something catered. [/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but isn't your wedding at a beach house?  Why not just have BBQ there?  That's what we're doing for our rehearsal dinner and reception.  Same house, just different setup for each dinner.

</div>
  • ShelleyW2013ShelleyW2013 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_north-carolina-outer-banks_inexpensive-welcome-dinner-options-in-duckcorolla?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:598Discussion:ae716b9e-adb6-4cd1-a7ce-30983727f292Post:69d1b67b-215e-4d6f-8a36-f39ec9b371fc">Re: Inexpensive welcome dinner options in Duck/Corolla</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Inexpensive welcome dinner options in Duck/Corolla : Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but isn't your wedding at a beach house?  Why not just have BBQ there?  That's what we're doing for our rehearsal dinner and reception.  Same house, just different setup for each dinner.
    Posted by ashley2516[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Yes, the reception is at the house, but I am nervous about having dinner there the night before since we will be getting things set up for Saturday reception on Friday.  We are expecting about 85-90 people at each, so I am just worried about cleaning up after Friday in time for Saturday. </div>
  • We had our welcome dinner on Friday night and then our wedding Saturday night. We just made sure to use all paper products on Friday night so clean up was super easy.
  • Hi I would suggest Currituck BBQ, you can order food from them and they will give it to you in large trays. Maybe buy paper products and plastic red and white checkered table cloths for a bbq theme. They have delicious BBQ
    yogi Bride
  • If you did decide to have the welcome dinner at the house, would you need an additional event fee since you're expecting approx. 85 people both nights?
  • We did both the rehearsal dinner and reception at the house. We had them drop food off from Coastal Provisions and just used paper products for the rehearsal so we could throw it all away -- easy clean-up!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards