Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

HILTON GARDEN INN--southpointe

any one had their wedding here/planning a wedding here? been to a wedding here? Any reviews would be appreciated. Thanks!

Re: HILTON GARDEN INN--southpointe

• edited December 2011

My MOH had her wedding there 2 years ago.  It was probably one of the best wedding's I have been to, but a lot of that was also due to the bride's creativity and knack for planning. I know she was very happy with the hotel overall and I can say only good things about my experiences there. Southpointe overall is a very nice place to hold a reception - lots of good photo ops! 

I do know that she said that you had to spend a specific amount of money in order to rent the room.  She had to add a flambe for all the guests to reach the price point.  The flambe was very intriguing and tasty, but was also somewhat unnecessary on top of the gigantic cookie table and wedding cake!  She also had a brunch the day following the wedding which was nicely done as well.

Hope this helps!  Good luck with your decision!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I had prom there back in 2003 haha, not much help, i know.  
    the room wasn't anything special
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies for your input!
  • ShleeASTShleeAST member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend is having her reception there next weekend!! I'll let you know how it goes! =)
  • edited December 2011
    I was in a friend's wedding there.  It was really nice and the staff was really accommodating!  I just thought the food was okay though.  HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen really pretty pcitures from a wedding there.  Not been there in person for a wedding though!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards