California-Orange County

searching for a low cost venue outdoors

I have been looking for a reasonably priced venue that is near the beach.  I thought about renting a house on the beach for a few days, however I have not been able to find anything good for a low cost.  Does anyone know of anything?  If not a house for rent, an outdoor space?
Thank you,Smile

Re: searching for a low cost venue outdoors

• I would check out this post. There were several beach locations mentioned in it.

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_which-beach

I didn't look into beach locations, so I don't really have any other advice to offer. I do know that Hotel Laguna has gotten a few recommendations on this board though. Not sure of cost however.

• About two weeks ago my fiance and I went to check out Hotel Laguna.  It wasn't too bad.  At the time we were looking for a beach ceremony for about 50 guests.  Our estimate was a little under $7k.  Which was nice because it included almost everything, even tax and the 20% service charge.

For the beach ceremony alone is $3k.  That was our favorite part.  

I wasn't thrilled about the reception room.  The room seemed small for 50 people and although it overlooked the ocean, the ceiling seemed awfully low.  

I initially wanted an outdoor reception in their Rose Garden ($2500 for ceremony there) but, the minimum qualifier was $12,500 to hold a reception.

I've heard of quite a few people having their ceremonies at Heritage Park in Dana Point.  It's not right on the water, but it sure does have a beautiful view.  I think it's only a couple hundred dollars.  you might want to check into that :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-orange-county_searching-for-a-low-cost-venue-outdoors?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:63Discussion:07865877-94a5-4e52-ba45-dd351259a85ePost:fa7288f2-232e-41c6-ae6a-ec008ddf58e5">searching for a low cost venue outdoors</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been looking for a reasonably priced venue that is near the beach.  I thought about renting a house on the beach for a few days, however I have not been able to find anything good for a low cost.  Does anyone know of anything?  If not a house for rent, an outdoor space? Thank you,
    Posted by Mlouise12[/QUOTE]
    Hello,<div>
    </div><div>Check out Electra Cruises, they are more affordable than people think!  The food is fantastic and you have your own captain, crew and coordinator.  They make it really easy and have a list of suggested vendors</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards