• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Bueller ... Bueller ... Bueller

Anyone out there? 

I have today and tomorrow off thank goodness! I need to clean the house and run some errands. We decided yesterday to cook a real Easter dinner. We're having a friend of ours over. So I need to go get a ham. hahah! Hope they still have some at the store. I work 8-4 on Sunday, so DH will be doing most of the cooking. Should be nice! 

What are you all up to? 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Bueller ... Bueller ... Bueller

• Hi JLQ! I guess great minds think a like! Glad you have a few days off. You seem to work a lot and everybody needs time to recharge their batteries. What else other than ham are you guys serving?
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Hey Degrea!! We might be the only two people still alive. 

I don't work a ton, but my job is stressful and I'm constantly moving and doing something there, so it's also very tiring. I seldom have a chance to sit down, and as soon as I do someone needs or wants something. Blagh! 

So far on the menu I've got: ham, mashed potatoes, corn, veggies&dip, rolls, chocoalte pie. I can't think of anything else. I don't think we need to have too much food, it's just 3 of us. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Also, I read your post. I'm so sorry you're having a crappy day! Days like that are the worst. I hope it gets better for you! Prayers for your grandma for her surgery. 
    my read shelf:
  • Hello!

I'm on the hunt for a Vera Bradley backpack for my sister. Her birthday is on Monday. Either that, or she wants this ridiculous hat. It's one of those knit hats and have the ropes on both sides and it says FF5 on it for her favorite band, Family Force Five. Apparently you can only get them on the Family Force 5 website and the hat is $20, but shipping is $12. Yeah, okay. I have a feeling she'll be getting a print out of a picture for her birthday since there's no way I can have something on time if I order it now.

I also need to call Publix and order Chase's cake since his birthday party is next weekend. And it's not really a party since I don't believe in parties for 1 year olds. It'll just be the grandparents and the aunts and uncles and a cake for a us and a cake just for him so he can get so messy I won't want to touch him after. :) Should be fun.

Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Sounds like a yummy menu JLQ. I would add green bean casserole but only because it is a favorite of mine. You have plenty for three people. I might even consider making ham steak instead of a whole ham.  Thanks for the well wishes. She is having her gall bladder removed tomorrow. They say it is easy surgery and are doing it out patient. I am just worried because she is 79 and my grandma.

I think you are right. We must be the only people alive anymore.

To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I told DH I wanted green bean casserole becaue I love it, too. He didn't seem too excited about the idea, becuase that's just one more thing he has to make. haha!

I totally understand about being worried about your grandma. I freak out every time my grandma has a procedure, or a visit to the hospital. 

Kris - My sisters and I stopped giving each other birthday gifts a long time ago. It just got to be too much hassle and trying to figure out what they want is always annoying. Good luck finding something for yours! 
    my read shelf:
  • Hi Kris! I can't believe that Chase will be one soon. Time flies! What kind of cake are you getting? More important what kind of filling? Yummmm caaaaakkke!

JLQ: Totally tell H tough noggies he is making green bean casserole. It is easy to make and so worth it!

• Hi!  I sleepy and work is busy. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • I'm sleepy too. I'm doing some laundry and I need to go to the dollar store but I'm too lazy to walk down the street. Plus I don't want to stop reading.
    my read shelf:
  • I completely forgot that I'm scheduled to work my second job tonight. BOOOOOO. I don't want to go, but it's too late to call off and I always feel like a jerk for calling off without a good reason. Hopefully we have an easy night. I just want to finish my book!! 
    my read shelf:
  • Sorry JLQ!! Here to an easy night.
  • In Response to Re:Bueller ... Bueller ... Bueller:[QUOTE]Sorry JLQ!! Here to an easy night. Posted by degrea[/QUOTE]
    Not a very easy one. The client has dementia and it's gotten a lot worse lately. She's very anxious.
    my read shelf:
  • Hi ladies :)

Work had been crazy busy the past few days but I have tomorrow off so I'm excited about that.  Nothing new here.  DH and I are going to the ILs for  Saturday-Sunday for Easter.  Hopefully I'll get to see my niece this time.

Oh and the worst thing EVER happened to me today and only my fellow book nerds will understand.  I was reading a book and it literally just stopped abruptly.  It was a misprint and the last 30 pages were missing from the book so I have no idea how it ends.  I seriously was all, "Wait, what?  Is this a joke?  Am I being punk'd?"  So now I have to find a way to read the last bit of the book.  I'm thinking I may go to BN tomorrow and just read it there ;)  Don't tell on me!

jlq - how are you liking TSoT?

Kris - gah!  I can't believe he's going to be one!

Degrea - I hope your day turned around :( 
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • E that is so sad about your book! I'd be so upset if that happened. I'm loving TSoT!! I was mad that I had to stop reading earlier.
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards