• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Tuesday

Helloooooooo out there! 
How is everyone? What are you all up to? What's new and exciting?

I work 12-8 today. Should be interesting because yesterday one of my residents came back from a stay in the hopsital and now she's on oxygen 24/7, sooo that's awkward. I had to move her to a downstairs room and move someone up to her room yesterday afternoon so I'm all sore from doing all the moving alone. blagh. I think she should have been discharged to a nursing home if she needs 24/7 oxygen..but hey, what do I know. I've only worked in the field for over a year now and know how challenging it's going to be for her to get around the house with an oxygen line teathering her.  /rant. 

ECHO! I saw your question last night - World Book Night is a night (April 23) when people volunteer to give out free copies of books to promote reading across the world!  You can sign up to be a giver, and if you are selected then you get a box of 20 books to give out to people who don't normally read or who don't have the means to get books.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Tuesday

• Morning! I have a migraine this morning. Hopefully it doesn't get worse. I am currently wearing sunglasses at work, LOL! We put the first coat of dark brown on last night. It looks good! H is driving to CT tonight. He is receiving an award at work. I can'tgo because of my lack of vacation. I am super proud of him though. He will be back tomorrow afternoon.

JLQ: Cool about Book Night! That is neat and something I have never heard of. Sorry you are sore.
    Aggie: I hope work is better today. I know you have been having a rough time of it.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Hello!!

JLQ that sounds cool about the book night! Also boo about the client. I hate when things like that happen. DH works in mental health and there are always things like that which happen and you wonder why no one cares about the wellbeing of the client it seems.  

degrea - i hope your headache goes away. I havent had a migraine before but I have a killer headache. This darn spring weather is complete crap! I hate the rain!

Tuesday is alright so far other than the headache. Still working on my resume and applying for jobs. I really suck at it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Degrea - Hope your migraine goes away soon! And congrats to your DH on his award! 
    Echo - I'm sure you don't suck at applying for jobs! Redoing a resume is hard work! Good luck. 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I think I suck at it mostly because I have no idea what I want to do. In reality I want to have some office job but I don't really have any specific skills for that. I dunno...I'm just confused. 

• Morning!

Absolutely nothing new going on here.

Oh, speaking of books. An author I like (Diana Gabaldon) has a new book coming out in December. It'll be the 8th in a series and each book gets longer and longer. This new book will be 1,000 pages! The last one was 800+ pages and came out a couple years ago. I haven't finished it yet. I should really get back to reading it.
    Anniversary
  • Good morning! Not much going on here, Elijah is eating and I am thinking of doing some dishes. We are getting central heat and air put in Thursday so I am a little over whelmed thinking of what I need to do to get ready.

Degrea and Echo- Hope your headaches get better, they are not fun at all!
  • hi!  

Good luck at work Jlq!

Degrea boo migraines. It seems too soon for you to have another one. I dislike that for you. 

Echo you can do it!  I know how you feel and it stinks to put yourself out there. Good luck friend. I am rooting for you. 

Kris!  I really enjoyed Outlander (it's the only one I have read so far). Jlq is actually reading it now.  I have so many books on my tbr list who knows when I will finish another one of her books. But they are good :-)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • degreadegrea member
    2500 Comments
    edited April 2013
    Aggie: I think this is a stress/ change in the weather headache. Over the years I have noticed big weather changes cause headaches. Like 40 to 70 to 40 in three days. Crazy Spring weather. Maybe something to do with the barometer.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Kris - Are you talking about the Outlander series? I'm reading Outlander right now. It has slow parts that drag on and then good parts that go quick. I'm liking it overall so far though! 
    my read shelf:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards