• Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Thursday

Hope everyone has a good day! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Thursday

• good morning! 

I ended up with a killer migraine yesterday. (which is fun when you are dealing with extra yappy dogs btw) , but I think its gone. Today is a new day!  But I have realized my brain goes to fuzz during a migraine so it takes me 50 steps to do something that usually take me 3 and I have verbal dyslexia (for lack of a better description) so its real fun discussing with clients information that I can barely articulate.  I had to tell a few I had a migraine so they didn't think I was a complete fool!  

I woke up this morning to my FB full of posts about the explosion in West, TX last night (not west Texas but West- a town) and my heart is broken for the community.  Its one of those small towns that pretty much everyone in Texas has heard about but it still has a small town feel.  And some of the BEST kolaches ever.  I almost want to order some today to show my support for the community.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Morning! Here hoping that today flies by. I want to go to that concert tonight.

Aggie: Hope you are feeling better. Anybody who has had a migraine will understand.
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • I'm sorry, Aggie.  The town of West looks like a disaster right now :-(  What is a kolache...?

I'm feeling horribly overwhelmed.  We have meetings every Friday afternoon at this new job, which I've been at for about six weeks now.  I'm required to be at those meetings.  In the future, I might be able to miss them or ask that it be moved to another time, but I can't possibly do that right now. 

I was already sick one Friday, so I've already missed one Friday when I wasn't supossed to.  Now, our closing has been scheduled for next Friday afternoon and we have a wedding the following week and another wedding a week later = all on Fridays.  I. can't. do. this.  They're family weddings and I'm trying hard to figure how to still make them, but I just don't see how.  It seems ridiculous for me to rent a car and drive seperately from Jay, but then it also seems ridiculous to make him wait/miss these events for me.

BLAH. 
  • Morning!

Aggie, what's a kolache? Hope you're feeling better today!
    Degrea, What concert? Did you say in another thread that I missed?

I also would like today to fly by. I don't have anything to get to tonight, just would like the work day to go by fast. :) Yesterday we were slammed but it felt like the longest day ever.

H applied for another position with his company and it would give him way better hours, same pay, which is fine. But it would be in a different building with different supervisors and he would be working with companies on their accounts rather than the general public. And instead of working 10:30-7 and getting home at 7:30, the office is only open 8-6, so he would have much better hours and would get to see Chase more. If you could please keep your fingers crossed, that would be wonderful. :)
    Anniversary
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Joy: I am not sure the situation with your job, but can't you talk to your boss. Meetings on Friday in general are a horrible idea during the summer and its not like you can help it that you have weddings to go to. Hopefully they are understanding. Good Luck!

Kris: Bob Seger with Joe Walsh. Classic Rock! Finger crossed for H!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_thursday-15?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:b1a96890-c693-402c-a578-4dfd7b1b3b53Post:c8f2acdc-e59a-47b5-8a62-37b6fda610bc">Re: Thursday</a>:
    [QUOTE]Joy: I am not sure the situation with your job, but can't you talk to your boss. Meetings on Friday in general are a horrible idea during the summer and its not like you can help it that you have weddings to go to. Hopefully they are understanding. Good Luck! Kris: Bob Seger with Joe Walsh. Classic Rock! Finger crossed for H!
    Posted by degrea[/QUOTE]

No. I'd rather miss these weddings than come across as a poor worker or ask for special treatment.  I can't explain it well, but being new at a job is a delicate time where I'm trying to show my best work ethic and that I can do the job that I've been hired to do.  Proving that does not involve asking to miss meetings "so I can go to a wedding."  In about a year, none of this will matter and I can take the time I need without feeling guilty, but I can't possibly do that right now. 

I think Jay and I have worked out a system so I can still make all these meetings and all these weddings, but geesh.  Everything has to happen at once, doesn't it?
  • I guess you are a better worker than me, haha! But I hear what you are trying to say. When it rains, it pours.  

• Hey!  I do feel much better today thank goodness. 

A kolache... Hmm it is a delicious breakfast food. Kind of like a pig in a blanket except the bread is a little sweeter and the filling varies. Sausage and cheese, ham and cheese jalapenos sometimes. They are really yummy. And usually they also sell open faced sweet rolls (people call them kolaches but they aren't). It's the same semisweet bread with cream cheese and fruit fillings. Again yummmy yummy. I miss them a lot up here. And West is famous for the Czech Stop. They actually ship kolaches everywhere. 

Good luck Mr Kris! :-)
    Joy I can understand that must be stressful. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • Joy that is super stressfull! I hate having to ask for time off early in jobs and also then making life work around it. BOO!

kris - Praying for your DH! I hope it works out!!

Thursday was ok for me. We went to DH's great uncle's funeral today which was sad. He was 90 and lived such a beautiful life. Him and his wife are so in love and I really think she will die of a broken heart. They are a couple that DH and I aspire to be.

I applied for a few more jobs today and just really hope to get anything at this point to get me through. For so long our goal was for me to not work and in many ways we turned a blind eye to the reality of it all.  
  • jlq2005jlq2005 member
    2500 Comments Fourth Anniversary
    edited April 2013
    Man I had a busy day at work! The Thursdays I work 8-4 I'm there by myself. And every Thursday we get our food order for the weeke, so it's already a busier than normal day. Well today was just nuts! One of my residents got admitted to the hopsital last night, so I was dealing with phone calls for that all morning. I had to do an extra shower because one resident never got showered yesterday (for reasons I can't understand since they had a noon-8 person yesterday). I was running around crazy all day! I never got to sit down once. ugh! 

Kris - Good luck to your H! Sounds like it'd be a way better opportunity.
    Degrea - Have fun at your concert! 
    Joy - Sorry for the meetings/weddings overlap. That stinks when stuff like that happens! 
    Echo - Good luck with the jobs you applied to! 
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • That is crazy JLQ! I hope you enjoy your evening of rest!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards