• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
May 2011 Weddings

Good morning!

Its a beautiful morning here! A little chill in the air but so sunny.  

Nothing new of funny from me. I hope everyone's Tues is a happy one!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
Fred Rogers

Re: Good morning!

• Morning! It is gloomy right now, but suppose to be sunny later on. Not too much going on here either. I am hoping for a laid back day! Hopefully work flies by. Enjoy your day ladies!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • Hello! 
    It's nice and sunny here! Apparently it's already almost 70 degrees! According to weather.com. Wow! 

Hopefully I have a more calm day at work than I did yesterday. All my residents were crazy yesterday. I had 1 call 911 because she wanted the police to come, I had another who has a catheter and his bag sprung a leak, another resident wanted to go to the hospital complaining of chest pain to get some pain meds. Uhhh. It's like the sun brought the crazy out! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Nothing exciting here.  

I need to find a full time job I think or at least something more than what I have.  We're ttc #2 and ideally I need to get paid more on mat leave than last time. The government pays you 65% of your wages while you are off for a year. Last time I was off I was getting 65% of not much which worked but wasn't ideal. Now that we're working on #2 we want to be better prepared so if I get a fulltime job or close to it we'll be able to save money now and I'll get more while I'm off.  I hate finding work! I have a degree in theology so it doesnt lead to a specific job. Im thinking I'll find something in retail or something that I wont feel bad about leaving in a year or less.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • JLQ: I hope your day is better than yesterday because that sounds like one he!! of a day. WOW!
    To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, the glass is half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be. - Unknown Why is electricity so expensive these days? Why does it cost so much for something I can make with a balloon and my hair? - Dennis Miller
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_good-morning-83?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:ce8a05b0-60f5-4533-a759-dab85c60c19dPost:842c2d61-3368-4c04-9348-e3fff1f3ef06">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]JLQ: I hope your day is better than yesterday because that sounds like one he!! of a day. WOW!
    Posted by degrea[/QUOTE]
    Haha ya, it was a day yesterday that's for sure. You guys wouldn't believe some of the stories I could tell you about that place. <div>The resident who called 911? Ya, she wanted the police to come to the house to talk to our administrator and get her money so she could buy coffee and cigarettes. Yaaaa. </div>
    my read shelf:
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Old people crack me up and sometimes they just don't have all their marbles. God Bless you JLQ because I couldn't deal with that!
  • None of my residents have all their marbles. haha. I don't just work with old people - my residents are adults with developmental / mental disabilities. So there's other things going on besides age. In fact, I have a couple residents who are in their late 20's, not old at all.
    Most of the time they aren't that bad. Except when they don't get what they want. A big problem is cigarettes. They can smoke outside, we have a designated smoking area, but I have 1 resident (the lady who called 911) who doesn't know how to budget her smokes, so she runs out like 2 days after she gets some, but has no more money to buy more. So then she goes crazy. 
    They also argue about seating. In our dining room, we have 3 different tables. And people like to sit in the same spot. Well if someone else is siting there, man you better look out. It's getting so bad I'm thinking of making a seating chart for everyone to follow. 

But it's not all bad. They make me laugh, and it's never boring. haha! 
    my read shelf:
  • Bahaha that is awesome jlq!  Old people make giggle. 

Degrea I never respondes to your question the other day but H and I are going to see the Astros play in Philly in June. Should be fun. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Love is like infinity: You can't have more or less infinity, and you can't compare two things to see if they're "equally infinite." Infinity just is, and that's the way I think love is, too.
    Fred Rogers
  • My bad JLQ! I thought they were all elderly. That is funny about the seating chart at lunch. We are the same way at work. I get annoyed when people are at the table we usually sit at. I don't make a scene but I could see that upsetting someone.
  • Hey pretty ladies!

I have no idea why but work has been crazy these past few months and  I don't like it.  Bleh.  Was yesterday a full moon or something because I had the craziest of the crazy call.  One guy refused to let me use the word "part-time" in reference to our part-time program because it was offensive to him.  Every time I would accidently say it he would say, "don't use the p-word!"  whacko.

Aggie - how is the new house treating you?  Are you all settled in?

jlq - sorry for your crappy day yesterday!

Echo - I'm still in shock that you can get a year of maternity leave.  I am rolling over as much vacation time as I can (80 hours) so I can take additionally maternity leave beyond the standard 6 weeks just in case a baby decides to come next fiscal year.

Degrea - I am also guilty of being irritated if someone is my usual spot.  I'm a creature of habit, what can I say?
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I'm a creature of habit too, DH and I sit in the same seats at our table, and when people are at our house for dinner or anything,  I make sure to tell them where to sit so they don't sit in "my" spot. haha. So I totally understand my residents in that aspect.

Today was a little bit more calm than yesterday. Besides having to call the ambulance for a resident, but that happens often enough that it's not a big deal anymore. Sadly. 

My husband is toutoring my sister via Skype. hahah! I can't stop laughing. 
    my read shelf:
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_may-2011-weddings_good-morning-83?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:645Discussion:ce8a05b0-60f5-4533-a759-dab85c60c19dPost:b14e3e5c-b5fc-4ddd-9545-86ddbf102dc8">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey pretty ladies! I have no idea why but work has been crazy these past few months and  I don't like it.  Bleh.  Was yesterday a full moon or something because I had the craziest of the crazy call.  One guy refused to let me use the word "part-time" in reference to our part-time program because it was offensive to him.  Every time I would accidently say it he would say, "don't use the p-word!"  whacko. Aggie - how is the new house treating you?  Are you all settled in? jlq - sorry for your crappy day yesterday! <strong>Echo - I'm still in shock that you can get a year of maternity leave.  I am rolling over as much vacation time as I can (80 hours) so I can take additionally maternity leave beyond the standard 6 weeks just in case a baby decides to come next fiscal year. </strong>Degrea - I am also guilty of being irritated if someone is my usual spot.  I'm a creature of habit, what can I say?
    Posted by LaBellaVita23[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>I cant imagine not having that time off. On my birth month board when mommas were going back at like 6 weeks I was freaking out! I don't think I could ever do that - obviously I could if I had to but I am truly thankful for the year the government gives us. Plus dh can take some of the time too.

</div>
  • Echo -

How does this work exactly?  Are you guaranteed your same job when you return to work?  Or do they just guarantee that a similar job will be available?  I honestly can't imagine how a company can keep someone's job open for a year and not replace them!
    May 21, 2011

my read shelf:
    Elizabeth's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • They have to at least keep a similar job open for you. I'm not entirely sure what businesses do but they do it
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards