Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Happy Thursday!

Morning!
  I feel like I just left work!  Where does the time go?  Anyhow, had aerobics last night(which was great), and printed out the final page of my program at Staples (not so great).  I had it copied in B & W, but the woman was so busy not paying attention she colored copied it.  She then tried charging me FIFTY DOLLARS for the copies instead of eight.  I wasn't having it so we argued and I finally got the copies for $8-only to come home and find out that the cardstock she copied them onto doesn't match the other 3 pages that they copied for me....grrrrrr....I don't think I'll be going back there.
  The kids are all going to see Charlie and the Chocolate Factory play today and tomorrow, so that will give me a little free time at work, as a few grades will be gone when I'm supposed to have them:-)
  Hope everyone has a great day!

FYI-I decided to treat myself to a small frappe from McDonald's this morning.  Do you know they have 20 grams of fat in them???  I just pitched it out still half full-YUCK!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Happy Thursday!

• Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning!
    I had a nice night last night. Got home, FI and I made dinner then we took the puppy on a long walk - it was nice out and she LOVED it :) After that I had a paper I had to write for my class tonight :( boo - oh well - tonight is my last class (for this one at least!) so that is DEF something to celelbrate! lol - So a few weeks ago I got a chip in my windshield and 'safelite' is coming today to my office to repair it - I wanted to get it done ASAP before it spreads!! I hate trucks on the highway!!

Heather - that stinks about Staples! That is terrible... are you going to go back and get them re-done?? I would bring the rest of the papers to match the color the next time...  I hope you enjoy your quiet day!! :) and EWW about the McDonalds frappe!! Can you believe something that small would have THAT much fat in it?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GM! I actually got up "early" today and was still late for work, other days I can leave my house late and be on time.  I give up.

I'm feeling like a slacker in the wedding planning deptartment, but I'm not quite sure what to do!  I'm in limbo between priting invites and addressing envelops.  Oh well, guess I'll enjoy the time while I can!

Heather-I feel your pain, I feel like we've all got this "life" thing backwards, we work to live and live to work.  Boo on the Frappe'!  Although, I must admitt the frozen mochas at Panera are DELICIOUS and also have 20+ grams of fat.  Its a nice treat once in a while!

GMC-Yay for your last class!  That has to be such a relief. 
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning! I still need to book it, but DH and I finally decided what we're doing for our anniversary! Thanks to Nestie suggestions, we're going to take the water taxi from Old Town Alexandria (near where we live) to the Gaylord Convention Center (in MD), and have brunch at a nice restaurant in the Gaylord. I can't believe it's a month from tom.! Laughing

H- I know what you mean about evenings going so quickly. Sorry Staples was being so crappy, but I'm glad you fought it. Enjoy your free time today!

G- Yay for one of your last classes tonight!

Meg- I am with you on the whole "work" philosophy. On our intranet at work, you can see the dates you're elegible for early retirement and the traditional retirement. It's quite sickening, since I'm sure I'll be working longer, esp. with the state of social security (if it even still exists then...) Undecided
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GM all.  HAPPY APRIL 15th!!  Our tax party is early this afternoon at cadiallac ranch, I'm pretty stoked to head there after class. 

Heather - I had sooo many problems copying my programs at Staples.  I went there so many times.  They usually fixed it for free, and I got a 20$ GC once because they gave me back the wrong thumb drive.  I eventually went to Kinkos for the cover (I had bought special stock staples claimed they couldn't print on) and had no problems, and it was cheaper 

After all of that work, there were a TON of programs left over because my program attendants both stood at the same door, and there were 4 entrances to the church, so lots of people didn't get them.  Made me kind of mad. The girls were 15 and 13, they didn't need to stand together, no one was going to bite, and I worked so hard on the programs.  I at least wanted people to have them at church! 

Meg - I'm the same way with leaving to work.  lol

Kim - your anniversary sounds like a fun time.  Enjoy! 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Bri- How did the offer go last night? (that was last night, right?)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes it was yesterday, I posted a f/u afterwards in yesterday's GM thread.  We offered, they RAISED their price, we counter offered higher, and they remained firm.  It's not worth what they are asking.  They over improved the home comparative to others in the neighborhood, and we weren't that in love with it to overpay.  We're back on the hunt.  :-(.  I'm a little disapointed, but it just wasn't meant to be. 
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Good Morning All,

My evening was uneventful. Went home, made tacos, hung out with FI and cleaned-up some. Tonight, I need to pack for my West Virginia excursion! I'm excited to see my friends new house (my BFF from High School is now engaged to my good friend from college and they just bought a house.) I'm also excited to get some WVU gear! My stuff is getting old and worn out. We are discussing getting season tickets this year, so I will definitely need gear for that!

Oh, we also decided that we are definitely going to go to Cozumel for our honeymoon. We are going to use my FIL Wyndham timeshare to stay at the Aura Cozumel. Before we head to Mexico though, I really, really, really want to go to Napa Valley/Sonoma for 3-4 days then head to Mexico for 10. FI and I would pay for the Napa Valley portion. Wish me luck that we can book the Aura!

H- I hear you on the work... boo. Also, I'm sorry you had so much trouble with Staples. I will keep your not-so-great experience in mind for when I print programs. Hopefully you can get everything squared away.

Duq- I'm sure the panicky-motivation will set it soon and you can get moving on the wedding stuff. But, you are right, may as well enjoy your time now!

GMC- Yay for last day of class!!!

Kim- Your anniversary sounds nice! I've heard good things about the water taxi. Also, if you are ever hankering for a delicious brunch, Tabard Inn in DuPont is hands down the best in the city. It is amazing!

Bri- What is your tax party???

Have a good day everyone!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_happy-thursday-9?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:5557595f-f28e-409a-9748-abec5ad259f1Post:7149edb3-ef30-44dc-805a-05fb5dee5e4b">Re: Happy Thursday!</a>:
    [QUOTE] ! Bri- What is your tax party???
    Posted by jlbaxter33[/QUOTE]

I work in financial planning for high net worth individuals, and part of our service is preparing tax returns.  So the party is thrown by the firm to celebrate the end of tax season and a job well done. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Bri- I'm sorry to hear that. Continued good house hunting vibes to you. Hope you enjoy the tax party!

Jl- Yay for deciding on your HM already! GL booking it! I have heard the DC Nesties rave about Tabard Inn- off to google it. So many good places, so little time (and money!). I wonder if I could work Tabard Inn with the water taxi though- totally different places.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    they are in totally different directions. If you wanted to go a different route (and could do this anytime) you could go to Tabard Inn, then walk around the city. Tabard Inn is on a side street that is quiet, so you could walk the side streets through DuPont. Such a pretty place.
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    The only item I will not compromise on...my bouquet of all purple tulips wrapped in a swatch from my Mom's wedding dress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Sorry to hear that briv- but I think you made the right decision. Especially if you are not in love with it.

Kim- I seriously cannot believe you are almost at a year! I still remember your good luck post- I was tearing up reading it! And my wedding was more than a year away at that point. wow.

boo Staples. That sucks that they did that.  I would seriously go down there and show them that they don't match and ask for your money back. Oh- and complain to the manager about that lady- ridiculous.

bax- Cozumel is going to be awesome!

I completely forgot to updat my HM... we booked 4 days at the Electra Palace in Athens! Then have the Windstar cruise and then have 2 days booked in Turkey! I'm so freakin excited! lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Sara - your HM sounds great!!!!!  And same with JLbax - I'm soooo jealous.  I want to go on another HM.  lol.  GL booking/packing/etc!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good morning, good morning!  Well, I picked a great day to take the afternoon off- the weather was beautiful at the baseball game yesterday and it was really fun to relax and hang out with friends.  We went out afterwards and I did absolutely nothing productive last night after that, but I did try something silly and tasty that might be my new favorite food- mac n cheese pizza!  Yum yum.

H, sorry Staples is being such a pain in the butt.  Enjoy the extra free time today!
    G, good luck with the last class tonight!
    Meg, don't worry about taking a little time off... I'm sure the to-dos will catch up with you soon enough ;)
    Kim, I can't believe your anniversary is almost here!  The date night you've planned sounds awesome.
    Bri, bummer about the house.  You're right, it must not be meant to be- good luck with the hunt once again.
    JL, that's awesome that you might be season tickets!  I would LOVE to do that for my alma mater.  Have a fun trip!  (And your honeymoon plans sound wonderful!)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara, your honeymoon sounds amazing too!  What part of Turkey are you staying in?

Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We'll be in Istanbul- only for a day and a half then- we're flying out from there.

I'm actually a little nervous about packing! lol. I travel a lot and no matter how hard I try to dress like a European- there's always a few people who can immediately peg me as an American! lol- I don't get it! hahhaa.  oh well- maybe I'll live it up this time and just completely boast that I am an American on my honeymoon!  lol

mac and cheese pizza sounds like one of those things that can be either really amazing or absolutely distgusting.  lol. no middle ground. 
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You are making me jeeeaaaalous... Istanbul is one of my fave places ever.  How do you feel about me tagging along on your honeymoon?  ;)

My general rules for dressing European- no sneakers, no shorts, no fleece, no wind-pant material, no sweatpants or yoga pants.  Scarves and sunglasses are good, complicated sandals are too, and fanny packs are unfortunately common.  Last time I was in Turkey harem pants were popular, so you could always go for that look ;)

Vacation
  • Options
    gmc22gmc22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara and Jl - your honeymoons sound AMAZING!! I started looking into mine, but they told me the 2011 pricing wont be out until this Oct-Nov... We're still exploring out options though :) I have so many ideas that I need to look further into.

lafemme - mac and cheesse pizza sounds good! is there sauce on there?!? lol

bri - enjoy your tax day party! sounds like fun!!

kim - your anniversary plans sound like such a great time!! I'm sure the year just flew by for you!! congrats on almost being married for 1 year!!

Meg - I wouldnt worry about taking a few weeks off from doing things - I'm sure it's a nice break for you!! Enjoy the time while it lasts!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sooo... something like this right?

lol...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    hahahahha. 
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Marburs- seriously jealous of your honeymoon! it sounds awesome!!!

LaFemme- I'm happy you had a great day yesterday. Please describe the Mac-n-cheese pizza! Also, love your European style guide! I may have to print that!
    RT + JB
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Lol @ the pic posted. S, your HM sounds so wonderful!! I can't believe we'll be doing a Congrats & GL post for you soon. That year really did fly, huh?

LaFemme- Good European style guide! They definitely dress up more than Americans. The only time I wore sweatpants the whole semester I studied abroad was to bed. Many of my friends thought I dressed European and fit in, but a friend's friend, who's a Barcelona native, still said I look American. I wouldn't worry about it too much, S!

• Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    S, I will buy you those costumes if you promise to wear them and take pictures ;)

The mac n cheese pizza didn't have tomato sauce, but it had like a creamy white sauce on it.  And lots of cheese!  The actual pasta was very soft and light, so it wasn't too much bread combined with the crust.  Actually, let me just find the link for this place...

http://www.ianspizza.com/

Vacation
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kim - the Gaylord is beautiful.  I stayed there last year for a conference.  I'm actually headed there tomorrow and staying for a week-ish for this year's conference.  It's a great hotel. 

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Stace, nice to "see" you! I thought you had gone there... enjoy it again tom. (well, as much as you can enjoy a conference). We're going to do brunch at Pienza- it looks so nice, right in the atrium.
  • Options
    themissizzthemissizz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We usually only have time to order room service or eat the catered event meals, so I haven't had a chance to eat at the Pienza, but all the food there has been great, so I'm sure it won't disappoint.  The atrium is gorgeous, you don't even realize you're in a hotel.  I wish we had time to do anything other than work and sleep - but our one night that we have free has been dedicated to Rosa Mexicana.

11-15-08
    12-1-10
  • Options
    edited December 2011

G-Yay for the last class!  That's a HUGE celebration:-)
    Kim-That sounds like a fun anniversary!  Glad you figured it out.

Meg-Taking a break from wedding stuff is a good idea at some point.  I took a 3 week breather at one point and it made life so much better.

Bri-YAY for tax party and BOO for the people raising their price-that stinks.

Jaime-yay for Cozamel-I loved it when I went, it was a great place.  I'd also love to go to Napa Valley-I hope you are able to do that, I think it would be amazing!
    Sara-that's going to be amazing!  I would LOVE to go on a Windstar cruise, they look fabulous!  I can't wait to hear all about it!
    Jen-You are like the all world tour guide, i love it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards