Florida-South Florida
Options

wedding colors can't decide.....

Ok Girls! 
I can not figure out what colors I want for my wedding. I do like dark purple, but my FI wants our groomman to wear black tux,which I'm ok with and I know the dark purple you wont be able to see very well, i found this other color on davids bridal called wisteria, which is lighter then the dark purple, and darker then lavender and its a nice color, I guess I just can't picture it at my wedding. I also like blue. I'm not into pastel colors, so I like bright colors or deep colors, how did you all choose you colors and how did you choose, what inspired you?

Re: wedding colors can't decide.....

• Options
    Wisteria and black would look elegant. You can do black and wisteria with touches of silver and white. I think it also depends on the vibe you want for your wedding - glamorous and sophisticated, party like, romantic, rustic, boho and so on. 

My venue,my favorite colors, and the vibe I wanted for the wedding inspired me . I originally wanted a turquoise and a bright tangerine color for my beach wedding. I decided overall it would be best to keep within those shades but go with a more pastel approach - seafoam and coral. I wanted something more soft and romantic and fun and wanted to give that beach feel without having sand and seashells ALL over the place. (We probabl will have touches here and there)
  • Options
    I agree with mandi those colors would look great together I thought I wanted a more romantic look with the soft pinks and greens but then it morphed into use more brighter colors and I just kind of had to feel my way through the colors

Daisypath - (PNE7)
  • Options
    How about these lovely inspirations?

(bright yellows and pinks)

southernweddingsmagazinepurpleinspirationboard.jpg
    (My fave color combo!)

• Options
    Mademoiselle D.....
    thanks for the pictures. I've been looking on pinterest for ideas too.  Do the tuxedos have to match the BM dresses, or can they be all black or maybe silver and black since I want to add touches of silver if I choose to have the wisteria color BM dresses. I'm not into light colors, I like bright and deeps colors, and the wisteria is like an inbetween both the dark and light purple.
  • Options
    No, the GM's colors do not need to match. In fact, it may look even nicer with a bit of contrast with silver. Our GM's only had one hint of color which was burnt orange bow ties and it stood out with their black tuxs.
  • Options
    abellabell member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Black tuxes always look so elegant!  My daughter used navy for the bridesmaids and black tuxes for the groomsmen and it looked beautiful.  HTH!
  • Options
    i love the idea of a deep eggplant with black and then ivory as an accent. so different. you have to have a regal-ish location though to pull it off. not beach or garden colors. but a church or indoor space would be good.
  • Options
    thanks ladies for all of your advice!   I went to Davids Bridal today and I got a swatch of the wisteria color and it looks beautiful and I went over to mens wearhouse and I matched it up with some different shades of silver and I really like it against the darker silver and the wisteria can me the main colors with some darker shades of purple in the bouquets and have the GM's boutneres me the same colors as the BMs dresses. : )
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards