Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

Couple collects cans to recycle to pay for wedding

Another interesting WR story...I saw a little write-up of it in the newspaper today. I'm definitely going to follow their story to see if they meet their goal. Here's the link to the couple's website. At least they're being environmentally conscious, right?

http://www.weddingcans.com/ 

Re: Couple collects cans to recycle to pay for wedding

• Options
    Er/jerEr/jer member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I respect that a h*ll of a lot more than people who just straight up ask for cash.  I think it's a creative way to make some money.
  • Options
    New_to_PGHNew_to_PGH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I saw this comple on the Early show this morning! I think it's pretty cool that they're making an effort to recycle. I did LOL a bit when they mentioned on the news that they'd set up a Paypal account so that people could recycle in other cities and donate the money to them - that part struck me as "gift-grabby-esque"
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree w/ E, it's better than asking for a handout. I look on Craigslist everyday and there are all kinds of wedding related posts asking for free things. One girl wanted someone to just give her free chair covers so she could have her dream wedding, c'mon..
    image.
    BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ha!  That is pretty awesome.  I hope they make it.

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I hope they make it too!  Do most cities pay for recycling cans?  I haven't heard of that outside of states that have the deposit listed on the cans, actually.  We recycle them for nothing.  :)

And I'm intrigued by a "sword-fighting battle." 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Happy Birthday, little man. We love you so much!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Search & Win
    My favorite money saving tip: I've earned more than $300 in gift cards (Amazon, Starbucks, Southwest!) using SwagBucks for internet searching - and you can too! It's FREE and EASY!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is kind of funny!  I did some quick google searching and found that the average payout for a pound of aluminum cans is .70 cents. A pound of cans is about 25 cans. 

They stand to make approximatly $11,000! That is one heck of a pot luck!

{Goes to collect offices pop cans}
    Favorite Thing About Fall- Fall Foods, apple pie, pumpkin cookies, apple cider... YUM!

Planning Bio

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yea, that's right, I thought it was only in states listed on the can. I guess not!  Lol @ "sword fighting battle." This is definitely not your average couple!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards